Thursday, March 22, 2018

What is WORSE? (March 20th)




The question today was:

Which is worse- failing or never trying?

And I'm sure it's cliche, but I definitely believe never trying is much worse.

As most of you know, I struggle with anxiety- especially going places alone... and sometimes with people. It just depends on the location, the people, how crowded it is, etc.

I have felt what it is like to TRY and go places alone (or with people) and, in my opinion fail (by having to hurry up and leave- not participating in the activity- not even able to go inside, etc.)

And I have felt what it is like to sit at home, in my room, and not even attempt to overcome my fears at all.

And the latter feels much worse.....

I often feel discouraged when I can't face my fears... like when I'm sitting outside of a small store with all three of my children telling myself I can do this.. but I turn around and go home.

But 'I feel even worse when I avoid a situation all together due to fear. Because then I feel RULED. I feel like they have power over me. I couldn't even get myself to try. Much worse than trying and having to reassure myself in the parking lot "I'll get further tomorrow."

So, I believe that never trying is much worse than failing.

Failing means YOU WON'T HAVE POWER OVER ME FOREVER.
Not trying means I'M LETTING YOU STILL HAVE POWER OVER ME.

What do you think?

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...