Thursday, February 21, 2019

Bay Morning Routine!



Good morning everyone!

Today we are talking about MORNING ROUTINE! Now, I’m a stay at home momma of three munchkins (for those that don’t know!) We have Tayler who is almost 8 years old and in the 2nd grade. She was diagnosed with nonverbal Autism in 2015 and we have been on that roller coaster of a journey since! Then we have Quinn who is 5 years old and in Kindergarten. She’s my little helper and such a loving little soul. And last is Lucas. He is 4 years old and is not in school yet. We tried to get him enrolled in Preschool, but the way his birthday is, he wasn’t 4 at the beginning of the school year, so he will start Preschool next year (and I’ll be home alone, say what?)

Our morning routine usually starts around 7:30. The kids were REALLY easy to get out of bed this morning because everyone slept GREAT last night!! Makes for an A PLUS morning for Momma!



I get all of the munchkins up and we start doing breakfast talk. It varies constantly on what everyone wants... so the debate sometimes continues for about 10 minutes. Today, this was the verdict:

Tayler- toast
Quinn- Mac and Cheese (yes, you read that right LOL)
Lucas- Peanut butter and jelly

What can I say? My children take after their mother. I don’t like breakfast food for breakfast... UNLESS.. it is donuts!

I put the macaroni and cheese on and started on putting dishes away. When I come home from taking the girls to school, I like to have some ‘relax time’ so doing my morning chores while they’re all still here really helps with that!






Next: breakfast for Lucas! That peanut butter and jelly sandwich he absolutely loves! And of course, we ALWAYS play with legos in the morning, even if it means putting our breakfast on hold for a few minutes ;)




Then, it is TOAST time for Tayler! This is one of the only things this girl eats! And she just loves it! I make 4 pieces for lunch AND at the same time, pack 4 pieces for her to take to lunch... along with popcorn (another favorite) and a capri sun!





And while working on breakfast, the kids hang out in the  living room reading, watching 'Shot of the Yeagers,' and enjoying some LAVENDER essential oils. Try to keep it as calm as possible in the morning- we want good, peaceful days at school AND home!






And after our lavender is diffusing, we turn worship music on the Alexa in the kitchen. As I'm packing back packs, making breakfast, etc. - it really helps me have a relaxed spirit- especially with how anxious I get!



And Quinn's Mac and Cheese is FINALLY done!!! She was so excited! LOL  I couldn't believe she wanted this for breakfast, but she begged us last night to go to Dollar General and get some just for breakfast!



Next is Mommy's turn for breakfast: Cocoa Krispies and coffee! In my favorite bowl and favorite cup!






After breakfast: it is vitamin time! Mom and Dad got these vitamins for the kids and I absolutely love them! They get two a day and has one serving of fruits and vegetables in each vitamin! Perfect for the start of a school day!



After everyone is relaxing before the madness of getting dressed starts: Mommy gets ready! First contacts...



Then a little make up so I look somewhat human, some comfortable clothes, and hair in a ponytail! Basic, simple, but enough to make me feel GOOD. When you struggle with mental health, just these small things help tremendously!

After I get ready: Quinn is first! She is super easy to get dressed... I wait for Tayler til the VERY END. :)




She looked so cute today in her dress and little lularoe leggings- and we paired it with piggy tails! One of my favorite looks on Quinnie!



AAAANNNND, then there's Tayler! The less pleasant child to get dressed in the mornings. As you previously read, she has Autism and she hates getting dressed, getting her hair done, brushing her teeth... she honestly just likes being at home and relaxing, LOL. So any time I have to get her moving early, it is a nightmare as you can hear in our lovely video I posted below. I feel terrible, but she has to go to school, so we just manage through it.




And at 8:49AM, when we need to leave by 8:53, she is still mad as heck at Mom and already took off her shoes and socks. Really heart breaking picture, but this is real life for us. We seem to have it all together in the mornings, but getting Tayler ready is tough on everyone at times. Even her.


Next: "Brush your teeth! Put on your coats! And grab your shoes! Quick- we are running late." EVERY MORNING NO MATTER HOW EARLY WE GET UP :)






 And, we are ready to go!!!!!! At 8:52PM. An hour and a half after waking up... whoo! Think I might need a nap LOL.



And 8:57AM, we are pulling out of our drive way :)



This is the Bay morning routine!

What is it like in your house?

Now mind you- it isn't always like this! Sometimes I have to yell to get them out of the bed, sometimes I struggle with my own mental health (which we have been working on!) BUT, this is how MOST mornings go!

Any part of your morning routine that is your favorite? Any part you absolutely detest?

I love my morning coffee and hearing that music on the Alexa!

Happy Thursday everyone!

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...