Monday, February 18, 2019

Recipes You MUST Try



Julia Child once said-

 "People who love to eat are always the best people."

And if we are being honest here, I love to eat AND cook. Two of my favorite things!

I love scouring Pinterest for days leading up to making an actual grocery list. I love new recipes and I love trying new things (not sure about my children, LOL, but they go along with this crazy ride!)

I thought I would share a few of the things we have made in the Bay house this week.

Saturday night, we had company and I made Italian Sliders. I shared the recipe in my blog yesterday, but today, I'm posting pictures too!

I got this recipe on Pinterest, just modified it a bit to fit our family's tastes.

Here's what you need for Italian Sliders:

Hawaiian rolls
Pepperonis
Salami
Swiss Cheese
Red Pepper Flakes



Cut the Hawaiian rolls in half and place on a baking pan.
I put 2 pepperonis on each side of the roll,
then I placed a folded up piece of giant salami.
And I folded the swiss cheese slices in to fours and put 1 section on each roll.
Topped with red pepper flakes.
And baked in the oven at 350* for about 10-15 minutes until golden brown on top.



This is a favorite around here! And we always pair it with chips or fries!

Sunday morning, I made our yummy Cheesy Spinach Bagels for breakfast!

Here's what you need for Cheesy Spinach Bagels:

Pack of plain bagels
8oz of cream cheese
Frozen spinach
Pack of Italian Cheese
Red Pepper Flakes
Garlic Powder
Kosher Salt

Cut the bagels in half and place on baking sheet.


In a bowl, place 8oz of cream cheese and microwave until melted down.
Mix together cream cheese, 1 cup of frozen spinach, 1 cup of Italian cheese.



Spread the cream cheese mixture over each bagel half.
Sprinkle more Italian cheese on top followed by some red pepper flakes, garlic powder, and kosher salt.



Bake at 350* for 10 minutes, then broil for about 1-2 minutes until cheese is golden brown.



These make for a WONDERFUL breakfast that you can heat up on the go!

Sunday night,  we had my grandpa's stir fry recipe. It isn't elaborate by any stretch of the imagination, but it is delicious and a favorite around here!

What you need for Chicken Stir Fry:

1 1/2 pounds of chicken
Brown Rice (I do the one for 6 servings)
Green Peppers
Onions
Butter
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Salt

Thaw out the chicken breast, cut in to squares, and cook on stove top with some garlic powder and salt.
Chop up green peppers and red onion (I usually use two of each to make enough for all of us)
Place green peppers and onions in pan with a tablespoon of butter, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Saute.
Cook 3 cups of brown rice until tender.
When chicken is fully cooked mix with the sautéed green peppers and onions.
Pour mixture over brown rice
And you're ready to go!





One of our favorites around here!

Monday night, I made a new recipe for all of us! Buffalo Chicken Over Sweet Potatoes!

Here's what you need for Buffalo Chicken Over Sweet Potatoes:

1 1/2 pound of chicken breast
Buffalo/Hot Sauce
Sweet Potatoes (I baked 5 for all of  us)
Sour Cream
Cheese

Bake the sweet potatoes at 400* for about 45-60 minutes (until soft)
Cook 1 1/2 pounds of chicken breast until cooked fully, add hot sauce.
Cut sweet potatoes in half, pour buffalo chicken over sweet potato.
Top with a cup of Italian cheese, melt down.
Add sour cream and red pepper flakes.














AND,

Monday was President's Day!

Did you have yesterday off of work? Did you do any kind of fun activities?

We woke up and baked cinnamon rolls. This is a STAPLE for days off school in the Bay house! Do you have traditions like that?







Then, we did some President's Day activities.

We sorted pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters and talked about each President on the coins.





We also watched a song about all of the Presidents of the USA. It was neat to hear various facts about them!



And we ended the day making American flags. We are proud to live in the United States.



Did your family do anything exciting yesterday??

We hope you enjoyed our blog today!

Stay tuned because tomorrow we talk about- OUR DAILY LIFE!

- Alyssa Bay






No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...