Saturday, July 27, 2019

Project 365x3: Day 8 [07.26.2019]

Well, one thing you'll probably hear me talk a lot about is Autism. It affects our lives in more ways than one. And yesterday, it affected us in the sleep category. We go through cycles. She will sleep good 3 weeks a month and then there's 5-7 days where she barely sleeps. We started that cycle last night. YAY. LOL. And honestly, nothing helps at all. We have tried melatonin during these cycles, essential oils, no iPad before bed, laying next to us to calm down... nothing at all. So, we just power through it, but we are exhausted the next day AFTER powering through it. So, most of the day was spent laying around and recovering. We swapped nap time and tried to get as rested as we could, even though Tayler was STILL wide awake. :)

We had a movie night as a family and enjoyed some Dorito Packs (anyone else just love those??) and then we all went to the park for a little bit. Ethan wanted to play some basketball and I absolutely love sitting, watching them play, reading, and writing.


The kids also enjoyed their time. Tayler played on the teeter totter, Lucas sat by me with his new toy he bought with his allowance at a yard sale, and Quinnie played basketball!




And after that, we ventured out for a walk! It was such a perfect night. During our walk, our local police department even stopped us and gave the kids popsicles! An amazing gesture that truly made our evening! 


And I had to get a picture of my kiddos and myself walking. I feel like I'm never in pictures and they were all walking next to me last night- and It was absolutely perfect!

And a snap shot of all of us walking to our favorite spot to hang out on our walks:


Wonderful day!! Cheers to Project 365!

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...