Friday, July 26, 2019

Writing Challenge: Day 10 [07.26.2019]

Day 10: Write about something for which you feel strongly.

I feel like if I start talking about all the things I feel strongly about, I'm going to write for about a week straight. I don't even know if I can pick one subject. There are so many things that just fill my soul- that I will forever advocate for and fight for.

I will fight for mental health. I will fight for the people struggling with mental health- because I'm one of them. I will be an understanding person with addicts and those struggling- because I'm there, I've been there. I will be empathetic. I will fight for a better world for those trying to overcome mental health issues. I will fight with you. I will fight for you. Even if I'm down in that hole, I'll still fight for you. On the days I struggle, I'll listen. On the days you struggle, I'll listen.

I will fight for those with Autism and other disabilities. I'm fighting this battle- and I'll fight along side you. Autism affects my family's life every single day. I'm sitting here right now with about 3 hours of sleep under my belt because of Autism. Because it shifts a 'normal life' in to something stressful and overwhelming at times. I will fight for the rights of those battling Autism. Our daughter was diagnosed with non-verbal Autism in January 2015 and it has been a part of our family's life- our family's journey since. And I will be a listening ear to anyone going through this same unbelievable and overwhelming situation.

I could seriously go on for days about the things I feel strongly about. The things I'll advocate for. Some do not need to be said on a public forum- at least not right now. But I will fight with you. We are not victims. We are victors. We are vanquishers.

You can do this.
We can do this.

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...