Sunday, July 28, 2019

Writing Challenge: Day 12 [07.28.2019]

Day 12 of "The Writing Challenge" is: Write about the 5 blessings in your life.

1. My children. They may drive me up a skyscraper some days (I'm a stay at home momma of 3- so through the Summer, it's all 4 of us, all day long!) but they saved me in ways I didn't even think was possible. I would probably still be this broken down, falling apart, never pushing myself person if it wasn't for them. I can't stay contained within 4 walls with them in my life. And I'm sure they'll always save me. They'll always push me. And I am grateful and blessed that God saw it fit to give them to me to cherish and love and take care of.

2. Living in a small village. I am so thankful I live in a gorgeous, quiet, tiny town. It has given me so much motivation and drive. It has provided a peaceful life for my family, an amazing school for my children (especially the program they have for children with autism.) I love that everything we need is within walking (or a small drive) distance. I had the privilege of moving here in 2010- and I will forever be grateful for this opportunity and blessing.

3. My family. My parents. My siblings. I was seriously provided with the best and I'll never quite understand why God Almighty gave them to me. They are such a help to me- physically, mentally, and spiritually. They are my rock and my right hand. Whenever I am in need, whether it is just to talk, to vent, to help with the kids- they are there for me. No questions asked. They pour and pour in to this broken person, just to see the light come back in my eyes again. I'll never forget hearing my dad tell me that he was taking a different job because "he's tired of seeing his daughter exhausted, spiritually and physically." I'm blessed, that's all there is to say.

4. The Word of God- God Almighty Himself. I know Him and I argue just about every day. I get frustrated. I feel like I can't see His hand in anything that's going on in my life. He feels a million miles away from me half the time, but that doesn't stop me from seeing His goodness. I feel broken more times than I feel put together, but I always tell Him- I still love you, I'm still grateful for You, You're still good- I'm just upset with You right now. We have that kind of relationship ;) I'm so beyond blessed to know Someone is working behind the scenes for me- even if I can't ever see it!

5. Can I just joke here- COFFEE. Seriously. Is it bad I go to bed at night and think "Mmm, I can't wait to wake up to that first cup of coffee in the morning?" Even more now that we have the best creamer ever- OREO! Best thing I've ever tasted. Best thing that ever touched my soul- okay, not best thing ever, but best drink ever LOL. It is a blessing and we are all fortunate enough to drink that stuff!

What are the blessings in your life?


No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...