Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Writing Challenge: Day 4 [07.20.2019]

Day 4 of "The Writing Challenge' is: Write about someone who inspires you.

I would be greatly mistaken to not talk about my favorite person from the Bible: the Apostle Paul. He is my greatest inspiration (aside from God Almighty, of course.) I don't know how you can read his words and not feel pushed and understood. I admire Paul because I watch him discuss having a "thorn in his flesh" and I feel like I can relate on so many levels.

2 Corinthians 12:7-10

Because of the extravagance of those revelations, and so I wouldn’t get a big head, I was given the gift of a handicap to keep me in constant touch with my limitations. Satan’s angel did his best to get me down; what he in fact did was push me to my knees. No danger then of walking around high and mighty! At first I didn’t think of it as a gift, and begged God to remove it. Three times I did that, and then he told me,
My grace is enough; it’s all you need.
My strength comes into its own in your weakness.
Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ’s strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size—abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become.
Paul wrote these words and I feel so many emotions while reading it. He had a thorn in his flesh he desperately wanted removed. I am there. But Paul still lived a life FULL of Christ. It pushes me to remember that even though I feel broken from this "thorn in my flesh"... I CAN be used by Him!


No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...