Friday, December 11, 2009

Project 365: Day 11- December 11th

It's been said... you are born an original, so don't die a copy. Maybe I've taken that to extremes, but either way, I live it. Today's Project 365, I just took a second to recognize my weirdness. It's a cold, chilly night here with a temperature of about 22 degrees and my mom and I are getting up early to shop, so I just decided to get comfy, warm, and relax for the evening. My mom started giggling at my choice of outfit... I basically just put on the warmest stuff I could find within my reach and it turned into this rainbow. Green sweatshirt, yellow/pink shirt, gray capri sweats, and of course... the amazing toe socks my mom bought me last night:



I'm not at all conventional. I would rather cuddle up with a movie and a hot chocolate than go to a party. I crave Flaming Hot Cheetos. I love fall and prefer it over summer. I love reading and cross word puzzles and would give anything to live in place that was 50 degrees all year long with an amazing porch swing over looking a body of water. I'm simple. But that's me. 2009 has been a year of finding myself.. what I want, what I need... and I'm finding it. I'm okay being unique and slightly weird. Wearing 4 different colors, dancing in public, and talking to random strangers. I love life and I just want to let it shine.

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
[ee cummings]

Cheers to Project 365 and to all the readers out there. Love who you are and be confident in it! You are beautiful and amazing... just how you are.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I love your choice of clothing tonight! I've totally accepted my inner weirdo & wear similar things :)

R said...

I love it! Even though I'd NEVER be in that, I am still in awe of your ability to not care what anyone thinks of you. I could take a few lessons from you!

MirandaLorene said...

I love your outfit!

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...