Sunday, December 13, 2009

Project 365: Day 13- December 13th


I don't care how poor a man is... as long as he has family... he's rich.

Tonight we celebrated my dad's accomplishments as he completed the first half of his education at the SOMA school. This is a great achievement and I could not be more proud of him. I saw this man working hard all of my life doing whatever he could to provide for our family. He worked in metal, making baskets, the food industry.... It didn't matter. He sacrificed so that we could have the life that we had. And now, he is 43 years old and decided to go back to school to get a higher education. He is currently in his final quarters of Sports & Fitness Management at our local college and he is working towards a business degree at SOMA simultaneously. He was honored tonight for his dedication, commitment, and perseverance. And he deserved every bit of recognition. My dad is a role model. Sure, we have had our tough times in life. We have butt heads quite often.. and there are quite a few arguments I can recall, but regardless, he has always been there for me through the tough times. We have always been there to support one another and push one another. He is a great dad and as I said before, I couldn't be more proud of him. I seriously have an amazing family. My mom is one of my best friends. She is always there with unconditional love and support. My brother Corey is my best friend. My sister Jennifer shows me what being truly fearless is. And my brother Brad is a worker and has showed me what it means to push yourself to be the best you can be. I love each and every one of them.

Cheers to Project 365 and to my dad. You're doing an amazing job... keep it up!

1 comment:

MirandaLorene said...

Congrats to your dad! What a wonderful picture!

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...