Friday, December 18, 2009

Project 365: Day 18- December 18th

When a child is born, so are grandmothers. ~Judith Levy

Today was a day spent with Grandma! We took her to our favorite little restaurant about 10 minutes out of town and enjoyed a great meal with her! This place gives you TONS of food, for cheap. I ordered the Bacon Cheeseburger (no pickle or ketchup) with spicy curly fries and mustard. (Yeah, I kind of didn't follow the whole 'low fat diet' thing.. oops!) And of course, I got their famous sweet tea that I am still currently sipping on! Everyone else got their favorite meals and we had a lot of fun. The owners are great people that make sure you never leave hungry! We joke around with them a lot because they typically know what we eat and drink.. right down to what we don't get on our burgers! It's fabulous! It's a little place with only about 4 tables, but it doesn't stop a steady flow of traffic coming in and out every single day.

That's Mom and her momma! Two beautiful ladies.



And we joked with Grandma here that she was in between the "twin towers." (hehe) She's so tiny.. I think she's about 4'11" hehe! But we love her! We decided to get a picture right in front of the sign so we could always remember where we went today!

I cherish these memories because life is like a quick vapor. It's here today and gone tomorrow. I love my grandma and appreciate her presence in my life and I never want to take a single second with her for granted. Not just her, but every single person in my life. Life is just too short to be bickering among each other... to let arguments keep you from loving. As humans with families, we have to remember to put aside the shortcomings we each have and remember our purpose. People come and go in our lives... let there never be regrets, ill feelings, or a day that goes by where you don't tell them you love them.

Cheers to Project 365 and to my Grandma! You both are a blessing in my life.

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...