Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Project 365: Day 2- December 2nd


You don't want to have to be the man and the woman in the relationship. I always say you want a man who can fix the toilet." [Pamela Anderson]

This would be our bathroom toilet. Sadly, the lid has become detached. How you might ask? Well, I was trying to be creative and take a beautiful picture of the rain delicately falling on our back porch. So, I stood up on the toilet seat to get a great angle and lo and behold, the toilet lid was a slippery surface and I was wearing socks, so I tumbled to the floor... along with a snapped, broken toilet lid. My emotions escalated after realizing this was our new toilet.... and I had just broken it. The irony? My bank account is broken too (meaning I have little to no money in it to fix the toilet.) But nonetheless, this made for a great story for Day 2 of Project 365. Thank God I live with a man because I couldn't even get the super glue bottle opened to temporarily fix it.... *sigh* Living the life of a woman.

4 comments:

Heather said...

lol that's too funny Lyss. At least you're ok :)

Anonymous said...

It's *ALMOST* too bad you didn't fall in. That'd have definitely made for a great story.
Reminds me of when I moved out of my parents house.
3rd night there, we had toilet issues. It wouldn't flush. My genius roommate took the toilet brush and tried to... I don't know. Do something to fix it. LOL Obviously that didn't work. She wound up getting it stuck and had to stick her hand in the toilet to get the brush un-stuck. After several other things that didn't work, she decided to push some of the stuff in the tank. Our bathroom flooded in a matter of minutes. We went to walmart in the pouring down rain with toilet-water-soaked-pants to buy a plunger. Good times.

I'm glad you didn't go for a swim. ;-)

Emily said...

hahaha that is too funny! i'm glad you didn't hurt yourself when you fell!

MirandaLorene said...

I laughed hysterically when I read this!

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...