Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Project 365: Day 22- December 22nd

Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.

I absolutely adore reading. And I sadly (or fortunately) have read every book in our house, so a trip to the library was most definitely in order. A lot of my friends were raving about the Harry Potter books (as well as the new movie), so I figured, why not give them a try. I checked out "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" and "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire." I am half way through the first one and I have to say... they are as addicting as everyone has led on! There was some skepticism as far as the nature of these books goes... due to there being wizards and witches and what not, but I have to say, that it's just a book about a young man who had absolutely nothing and found himself on the path to greatness. Books are books. They take you to a far away land for as long as you'll allow them to. Being the reader that I am, I never understood how someone could not love getting lost inside a novel. I could read for hours and not even realize that time had passed. I plan on reading the entire Harry Potter series by the end of this Project 365. I shall keep you updated about this journey. So far, so good!

Cheers to Project 365 and Harry Potter. You both take me away for a brief moment in time..

1 comment:

R said...

I can't believe you haven't read the Harry Potter books yet! Enjoy the addiction!

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...