Monday, January 18, 2010

Project 365: Day 49- January 18th



I don't believe in failure, because simply by saying you have failed, you've admitted you attempted. And anyone who attempts is not a failure. Those who truly fail in my eyes are the ones who never try at all. The ones who sit on the couch and whine and moan and wait for the world to change for them. - Sarah Dessen

For those of you that don't know, I made a "Bucket List." I was extremely inspired the other night (after listening to "Live Like You Were Dying" 45.2342 times hehe) and laid in my bed thinking of what would happen if someone told me I only had "x" amount of time left to live. What would I regret? What would I wish I would have done? What would I pray to God to give me the strength to do? So, I took a few hours and wrote down 25 things.. and I am proud to say that I crossed two of the things on my list off last night. Now, I'm opening up a little about my life right now for those of you that read this.. and I will admit that I'm embarrassed, but here goes. I have a problem with doing things alone. I can be home alone for days, not a problem. But to leave the house alone? Dear heavens, it's rough. So, #21 on my "bucket list" was to drive further than 25 miles alone. And guess what? Thank You Jesus-- I did it last night. I drove to Ethan's house and spent the night! It was quite the journey. I was a nervous wreck, but I did it. So, upon arriving at Ethan's house I got to hear the words I desired to hear in #23 on my "bucket list"-- "Alyssa, I am so proud of you." It might seem silly to those reading this, but it was a huge mountain I had to overcome and God gave me the peace to do it. And not only did Ethan tell me he was proud of me, my mom, and brother texted me to tell me as well. I've been longing to hear those words for quite some time now... Only 23 things left to go... cheers to that!

And here's a picture of me just arriving home from Ethan's early this morning! I look rough, but hey.. it was 6:30AM (cause he has to work at the crack of dawn haha)

I came home and took a little bit of a nap (because 6:30AM is unholy as far as the clock in my body goes).. and I woke up and had an amazing lunch! Peanut butter and strawberry jelly sandwich (with Conns Potato chips in between) with a glass of Pepsi. SO GOOD! I just had to take a snapshot of it for y'all to see hehe!

And this would be how I spent the rest of my day... part of the time sitting in my computer chair reading for class that starts tomorrow (eek!) and part of the time laying in my bed.. still reading for class tomorrow! Oh, and of course, I was accompanied by season 2 of Supernatural. You could say it's an addiction. Pray for me, haha! :)





1 comment:

R said...

I'm proud of you for crossing something off your list! Thats great Alyssa.

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...