Thursday, May 6, 2010

Project 365: Day 156- May 5th

Our morning began by Ethan having some breakfast.. and we started The Love Dare challenge. Day 1 was "Love is Patient." The dare was to go all day long without saying anything negative to your partner. What a dare right? But how amazing. Saying negative things is the root of disagreements, anger, resentment, etc.


After we read our first chapter, Ethan left for work and I got started on chopping veggies and cleaning! My parents were coming over for dinner and I wanted everything to be perfect! This was the first time they were going to see the place and I was sooo nervous, haha! Obviously... since I was awake at 6AM cooking! LOL I chopped up all the veggies and stored those in containers, made the bed, dusted, organized our DVDs, vaccumed, scrubbed the kitchen and bathroom floors, mopped, did the dishes, organized the towels, cleaned the back bedroom, cleaned the bathroom sink, organized our shoes.... lots to do to make sure the house was in top shape before the parents came hehe! Here's a couple shots of the various rooms of the house AFTER being cleaned :)


(the bathroom)


(the kitchen)

(the kitchen table)


(the living area)

(the back bedroom)

And then it was time to cook! I made chicken ceaser wraps, pasta salad, and fruit/yogurt parfaits. Yummy!


(fruit and yogurt parfaits)


(chicken ceaser wrap ingredients)


(pasta salad included)

And after we all had dinner, we headed out for a walk to show our parents around town. We had such a good time! Ethan and dad talked cars, mom and I spent some much needed time together, we talked about random stories. It was so much fun!

Then we came home from the walk, Mom and Dad left to go home, and Ethan and I cuddled up to watch American Idol. Aaron Kelly got voted off... and Ethan and I's predictions for the Top 4 was correct! Casey, Mike, Lee, and Crystal. We are in full support of Lee winning! Totally Team Lee :)

Cheers to Project 365!

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...