Thursday, August 12, 2010

Project 365: Day 254- August 11th

It was a pretty lazy day today. I started the 30 Day Journal Challenge, wahoo! Here's my first page:
The prompt was:

Journal Prompt Number 1: Create a full page design introducing yourself :)
Highlight your name many times in the midst of your design.

And, what can you learn about me through this page?

I chose a few things that I "like" to display along with my name and some neat shapes/designs. My name, is of course, Aly :) (I use "Aly" for the site I'm doing this challenge on so no one knows my real name, lol) And then I have a heart in the middle because I LOVE LOVE :) And there's a little "scar" on the heart because I'm still currently dealing with an issue in my past that caused me a great deal of pain. I'm trying to "let it go" as I posted yesterday, but it proves to be rather difficult at times. There's a green maple leaf because I love nature. I find peace and comfort taking walks, sitting my a creek. Which reveals what the blue "river" type deal is rolling down my page. I love water: pools, ponds, lakes, rivers, creeks, oceans, waterfalls. It consumes me. I think it's the immenseness of it all. I used very little red because that is my least favorite color. There is a sun towards the bottom right corner of the page because I am happy, usually all of the time :)

While working on this page, I listened to the song "Cigarettes and Chocolate" by Angus & Julia Stone. It was very soothing.

I love having music play when I work on things whether it's scrapbooking, homework, lesson plans, etc.

After working on this, I made sloppy joes and fries for dinner. Yes, it's my FAVORITE hehe! And then I got ready and headed to Dad and Corey's softball game and guess what? THEY WON 1ST PLACE! Good job team! :)

And here's mom and I after the game, so proud:

And oh my gosh, GORGEOUS sun set last night while I was driving home :)

Cheers to Project 365!

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...