Sunday, August 15, 2010

Project 365: Day 257- August 14th

Ethan and I started out the morning making a trip to Lowes and Auto Zone. Then we headed home and watched Little Giants and Sky High. We're still kids at heart, k? haha :) Then we got ready and went to MOPAR 2010! Here are some shots of that:

[The whole crew: Ethan, me, Dad, Mom, Linds, Evan, Mikey, Corey, and Brad]

[old cars and burn outs. that's what it's all about hehe!]

[and we celebrated Corey's 21st birthday at Tumbleweed and with a cookie cake made my mom]

We had SO much fun! :)

also, we got some things for the baby! Mom bought the baby's first onesie:

[I heard this is going to be all too true, haha]

And Lindsey and Mikey bought us a card! it was so sweet!


And thought I'd show my lil' pouch I got goin' on for Baby B haha :)


It was a GREAT day! We were sooo tired when we got home, but we had a blast!

And journal challenge 4 for the day was:

What does your heart look like? It can be literal, it can be symbolic..

This is a symbolic representation of my heart (and yes, i love markers, haha)
To me, the heart is a plethora of emotions. Our heart is how we feel, how we think. It is our very heartbeat (not only literally, but metaphorically)
The black swirl leading down to the black x represents my confusion, pain, and hurt. As much as I try and let these things go, they have still scarred my heart. I pray that one day, they will no longer be present, but only time will tell....
The blue "river" represents a "river of emotions." I'm a very emotional person. Even when I was not pregnant, I was still emotional. I have a soft heart. My feelings get hurt easily, although I probably won't tell you that. I go from happy to sad to mad to glad to excited to anxious in the span of an hour. I truly wear my heart on my sleeve.
The black "snake" next to the river represents fear and how it often attempts to creep back in to my life although I've ordered it to leave me alone, time and time again.
The purple arrows pointing up represent my thankfulness. In my heart, I know I am blessed. The arrows symbolize me sending my thankfulness back to God for all He has done for me. My life hasn't been perfect, but it sure has been blessed!
The green circles go from big to small. They represent the peace I feel in my heart on any given day. Some days, I feel a greater amount of peace than others. Other days, I'm struggling to find a stable foundation to walk on.
The yellow above the black represents my happiness. With everything that I once struggled with, I'm still a very happy person! I know I have a reason to be. And life is too short not to be.
And all of this is encompassed by pink: Love and Compassion. It is the driving force of my life. I have so much love and compassion for the world. I want to help the hurting, make a way of escape for those that feel they have no hope. I live by the motto: You must be the change you wish to see in the world. *sigh* I want to change the world....
And today while working on this journal entry, I listened to "Down" by Jason Walker.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvGYYg40Ijw
"I don’t know where I’m at
I’m standing at the back
And I’m tired of waiting
Waiting here in line, hoping that I’ll find what I’ve been chasing."
Cheers to Project 365!

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...