Thursday, November 25, 2010

Project 365: Day 359- November 24th


Our morning started at 4:30AM today. My dad was having knee surgery at 6AM. Sadly, he hurt his knee playing softball last year and it just gradually got worse. My mom, dad, and grandma picked me up about 5:15AM and we were on our way. We got there and it seemed like a waiting game. Finally, about 7:00-7:30, they told us we could come back and see him before surgery. We waited with him and it was finally time for him to go, so mom, grandma, and I sat out in the waiting room and talked, I surfed the web, and we relaxed. And yes, I mean RELAXED (or at least tried to in spite of our nerves. I hate that he had to go under :()

Here's mom and Grandma "chillaxing"





And I guess the preggo lady got special treatment? LOL I laid down on the long couch they had there and a doctor came out and gave me a pillow AND a HEATED BLANKET. Yes, they warmed it up before giving it to me (it was FREEZING in that waiting room haha) Here's a shot of what I did during dad's surgery LOL





Comfy, huh? haha! And finally we got word that dad was out of surgery about 8:30AM. And recovery would be starting. He got really sick from the anasthesia, so it was a bit longer of a recovery, but he finally got his tummy feeling better and was released. How did we take him home? We laid one of the seats down in the murano and he laid in the back with 2 pillows LOL Here's a shot of that:





I think the nurses were scared to send him home with us because we kept teasing about how he was going to sleep in the garage because it was easier for us.... and how we were gonna bathe him with the hose out in the driveway HAHAHA. He knows we love him :)

When I got home-- Tayler's crib was delievered! How exciting, right?? Then it was the waiting game AGAIN-- waiting for Ethan to get home! But he finally did and we (ahem, I guess I should say HE) got started, haha! He took us (scratch that HIM) about 30 minutes. I supervised and looked at the instructions and held things that were falling LOL But we finally got it done. Here's Ethan working on it:




And here are a few shots of the finished product. I'm planning on purchasing a rug for the floor to cover that 70s carpet, haha!







Once we got done putting the crib together, we were starving so I made steak fajitas-- one of Ethan's favorite meals! :)





It was super yummy but IMMEDIATELY gave me heartburn *sigh* haha! Oh the joys of pregnancy hehe! :)

Tayler was moving around A LOT yesterday. I think she knew mommy was a bit nervous and was trying to keep her distracted :) At one point, I had a huge bulge on the left side of my tummy to where my tummy looked lopsided haha! I freaked out and started showing my grandma and she was like "Oh my Lord, Alyssa.. Look at that tummy!" Yes, my daughters butt was trying to push out of my stomach, haha! Too funny! I am SO in love with this little girl and her personality already!

After dinner, Ethan and I cuddled up and he FINALLY let me watch "Beauty and the Beast" haha! :) 





Cheers to Project 365!







 
 
 

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...