Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 6: Your Favorite Things... What Brings You Joy?

1. Waking up in the morning. Hey, I get another chance at life. That's a HUGE deal and makes me very happy!
2. Waking up next to Ethan. My best friend. Some people search their whole lives for that... I'm happy I have found it!
3. Tayler's kicks. I don't think there's anyone in this world that makes me laugh like this little girl does. Her stretches, her kicks, her movements. I get a smile just thinking about it :)
4. My family. They're my world and boy oh boy, are they hilarious. Each and every one of them. It's never a dull moment when I'm in their presence, haha!
5. Music. I am a music fanatic! And boy oh boy does it bring me joy. I love jamming in my car, while cleaning, while working on homework... it brings me a lot of happiness!
6. Netflix. Oh, I know, I sound so materialistic, but seriously? haha! I LOVE Netflix. I love being able to watch an endless amount of TV shows, movies, etc for a flat rate per month (that's a lot cheaper than cable, haha!)
7. Sweet tea. Something I have missed dearly since being pregnant. It was nothing for me to drink 7 glasses of that stuff a day.. and now.. I have one a month (if that) haha! It's probably good I got pregnant, though! My addiction to that stuff was the cause of my chronic utis. Thank God, they're gone! :)
8. Watching comedies. Okay, seriously. Tosh.0... The Office. Yes, I LOVE LOVE LOVE stuff that makes me laugh. And these two shoes definitely do it for me! (New "Office" tonight too, by the way. Check it out!)
9. FALL AND WINTER. I am not a summer girl. I hate being hot. Give me fall and winter.. and I'll be happy. I joke around with everyone right now-- if I was "randomly" going to get pregnant... God knew it had to be in the winter.. I'd never make it in the summer, hahaha!
10. Capri Suns. Yumm. That is all :)
11. Taking pictures. If you couldn't tell (since I'm still doing a Project 365... and I'm on day 422, hahaha) I LOVE taking pictures :) I love capturing all of life's little moments. It's an amazing feeling!
12. Writing. It gets things of my chest. It makes me think. It makes me stop and analyze situations... feelings. It's my cleanser and I'd be lost without it.
13. Snow and hot cocoa. I can't have snow without the hot cocoa. That makes the sting of it being so nasty out........ better :) I love a quiet snow in the night :)
14. Walks. There's nothing like taking a walk. I swear, it clears your mind, releases endorphins.. it does the soul and body good :)
15. Friends. I love having them to talk to, to share things with... to cry with, to rejoice with. I'd be lost without my friends, I honestly would and every one of them (every one of you reading this) bring me some kind of joy!
16. Board Games. Yes, I'm that kind of girl, haha! Yes, my husband and I spend hours on Friday nights playing Monopoly as opposed to going out. And yes, we are going to be that kind of family-- FAMILY GAME NIGHTS. I just love the quality time you spend with others... I love kicking their butts ;) haha... and I just love the excitement that comes with it!
17. The Kalahari in Sandusky, Ohio. My favorite place on earth... hands down.
18. Jesus Christ. Last, but not least. He's my peace. He's been my strength through every single thing I have faced in this life. He brings me more joy than I could have ever imagined and He has blessed my life in SO many ways!!!

I could seriously list SO many more things that bring me joy, but these are the things that come to mind right now :) What brings you joy?

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...