Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 9: The Best Days of Your Life

I have seen (in about 40 days) 24 years on this earth... It's hard to describe the best days of your life when every day is a miracle, isn't it? So many people die every single day and we get the privilege of living. But, I'll try and list a few days that I can think of that I would describe as the best days of my life.

May 19th, 1987-- Of course, I don't remember this day considering I was about 2 months old, haha, but this day changed my world and it was the day my parents got married. And if we do the math correctly, you'll see my parents have been married for almost 24 years. They gave me an amazing example of true love and how to make a relationship work. I have been blessed with a loving household. I don't ever remember my parents having a fight (sure, they had arguments, but it was never full blown..) I don't ever remember my parents talking down to one another or my siblings. My parents are amazing people and I became SO blessed that day!

December 29th, 1995-- I TRULY fell in love with Jesus Christ this day. I started a true relationship with Him. One filled with prayer, one filled with striving to be the best I can be. And ever since this day, I have tried to live my life for Him. I've tried to be the best person I could be. Sure, I've faltered and I've made a few mistakes over the years, but He's always been my rock. He has always been my peace. I couldn't imagine my life without Him in it.

June 4th, 2005-- I graduated from High School. What an honor and truly one of the best days of my life. I was sad, of course, that this chapter of my life was ending. I was sad that I wasn't going to see these people every single day... that we were going to travel down different paths and that one day, we might never speak again. It was tough to fathom that, but it still felt amazing to know that the rest of my life was waiting for me. That day-- I had my whole life in front of me. I could travel down any path, I could choose any career. It was all in front of me... what a day that was!

August 2009-- I graduated from college with my Bachelor's Degree in Organizational Management. What a blessing (and relief) that was, haha! :) I loved college and everything that went with it, but I was so glad to finally have a degree... to finally feel like I worked hard for something. The day that diploma arrived in the mail was one of theeeee happiest days of my life!

December 26th, 2009-- I met Ethan. I met the person I was going to spend the rest of my life with. And you know what? (Okay, I'm sure EVERYONE says this, haha, but hear me out.....) I knew, at that moment that I first saw him, I was going to be with him... forever. We just clicked. I can't even explain it. I fell in love with him instantaneously. From that moment on, we were almost inseperable. I think we only spent probably 15 nights a part the entire time we dated. That's just how we were. We were best friends from the start. We stayed up late watching movies and TV shows. We had cuddle sessions. We were in love and it was obvious :)

July 29th, 2010-- I found out I was pregnant. Sure, I was scared out of my mind and I felt like a 16 year old telling my parents, haha, but that truly was one of the BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE. To know that I was carrying a human life within me... it changed me. It changed my whole world. Everything about it. I went from staying up late, drinking, and eating pizza for breakfast to drinking orange juice and 64 ounces of water a day, going to bed at 8:30PM, and trying to force down pretzels at 6AM to avoid throwing up. I fell in love with someone I couldn't even feel... that I hadn't even seen.

October 23rd, 2010-- We found out we were expecting a baby GIRL. Once again, our worlds were rocked. We learned that that little sweetheart fluttering in my tummy was a sweet, precious baby girl. We started buying everything pink. We bought dresses and hats and socks and onesies. We started thinking about room decorations... and the color scheme. Where our money was once spent on whatever we wanted at that moment in time, we started saving and what we didn't save, we spent on a crib and changing table and anything else we could find that would make her happy. We were in love with her. And kept falling further in love every day...

December 28th, 2010-- Ethan and I got married. Another day that goes down as the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE. :) I don't regret that decision. Ever. He was my soulmate from the start... my best friend... and I'm so thankful that he is my forever. I love going to sleep at night knowing that tomorrow, he will be with me... and the day after.. and the day after. I love knowing that together we will build a family....... a life.

January 7th, 2011-- We found out our baby girl was HEALTHY. It's a rather long story, but from the time I was 18 weeks pregnant, they had been seeing cysts on Tayler's brain. We worried.. we prayed... we sought the face of God for the health of our sweetheart. And on this day, we went to the OSU medical clinic and they told us that there were no cysts there!! THANK YOU GOD! That was one day that I felt the most blessed. God is SO good to us!

Those are just a few of the BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE :) I feel so amazingly blessed!!





No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...