Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 22: The Worst Advice You've Ever Received

1. I remember when I was just entering high school back in 2001, I had a somewhat older friend tell me "Who you are in high school shows who you are in life." So, when high school came around and I wasn't exactly the most popular.. or the smartest... I got discouraged. But then 2005 came around and we all graduated and guess what? Cliques didn't matter any more. I had the freedom to be WHOEVER I wanted. High School didn't play a factor in any of it. I had a new set of friends, a new set of ambitions, a new out look on life. We were no longer worried about who was prettier, who was cooler... we were on a level playing field. I would have to say that word of advice she gave me was wrong. And for those of who you are still in high school... don't worry.. the labels all leave you. The "popular crowd" are just people once you walk out of those doors for the last time. You are free to be yourself... find yourself. Embrace it :)

2. You'll always love your first love. Nah, you'll let him go. Trust me. You'll meet someone one day that changes EVERYTHING you could have EVER imagined. You'll meet someone that surpasses everyone else that has been in your life. You'll meet someone that treasures you. They won't cheat on you. They won't hurt you like everyone else has. Trust me. Your first love won't always be "treasured." Well, at least for me...

That's all I can think of right now. I've been given some GREAT advice down through the years that it's hard to think of something not so good....

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...