Sunday, February 13, 2011

Project 365: Day 439- February 12th

I woke up this morning full of excitement and hope. Oh yes, it was the morning of our baby shower!! :) How exciting, right? We grabbed some breakfast, then decided to run a few errands prior to having to leave for the shower. I needed to go to McDonalds to pick up a gift card... so, Ethan and I went inside, got the gift card, walked outside, and guess what? Ethan's keys were LOCKED inside of the truck! Gosh darnit, haha! Totally our luck LOL So, here's a shot of Ethan & TJ trying to get the door unlocked:


And when they couldn't get it, they drove around town and asked a police officer to come and help...


And finally, after 1.5 hours (10:30AM-about noon).... we had FINALLY retrieved the keys and were on our way home, haha! What a way to waste a morning, right? LOL! But we finally got home, Ethan headed out to lift weights, and I got ready for the baby shower! :) It was at 4:00.. and I was SO excited!! Alright-- soooo here are a few pictures from the shower! Hope you all enjoy :)


[This is the AFTER picture :) This is when the room was finally finished, hehe! Isn't it just adorable? Everyone did such a good job! I LOVED it!]


[These are the decorations that were on the table along with black rocks and bouquets of flowers! :)]


[The gift table]


[The cupcake table- how cute are those?]



[And here is Tayler and me opening presents, hehe!]

We had SUCH a good time!! Thank you to everyone that came! I hope you all enjoyed the celebration of Tayler's birth! :) My mom did such an amazing job organizing things and getting things together! We had some amazing food: ham/chicken salad sandwiches, chips, pasta salad, cabbage crunch salad, macaroni salad, and some yummy punch made by Marie! We played some super fun games, haha! The "poem game," "the purse game," and "What Did Daddy Say?" :) I LOVED everything and appreciate all of the gifts!! :)

After the shower, we helped tear down, and Ethan packed the car up :) On the way home, Ethan said "Baby, I know you've had a rough day today [between the locking the keys in the car for 1.5hrs to another episode I failed to mention, haha]... so when I was at the mall, I stopped by JCPenney and saw this and decided to buy it for you..." and he pulls out a tiny box and in it was a diamond heart necklace!! Yes, I have the sweetest husband EVER!!


I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! :)

Once we got home, Ethan then unloaded the car, bless his heart and piled everything into our living room so I could show it all to him. It was packed, haha!


We are SO SO blessed!!!! :)

After showing Ethan everything and piling it all on the kitchen table so I can sort through and organize it later, haha, TJ and Laken came over and we watched "Paranormal Activity 2." Oh yes, it was creepy, haha! TJ was killing me LOL "Oh gosh, I can't handle this...oh my!" hahaha!


All in all, it ended up being an amazing day! I'm working on getting pictures of all of the gifts! I will post those in due time! :)

Cheers to Project 365!!

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...