Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 24: Ways you Calm Yourself Down When You’re Angry

1. I breathe... deeply. This is my relaxation technique whenever I'm stressed, upset, angry, nervous, etc. A good, nice, slow deep breath seriously calms me down so much!

2. I laugh. I know. It makes the other party mad, but it gives me a "peace" about the situation. If I can find a way to laugh about why I am angry (even if it's just because I can't get a program to work, etc.)... I am more relaxed.

3. I talk things out. This doesn't always work if I am in an argument with someone right there in front of me, but if something else has upset me, I usually talk it out with someone I can trust (which is typically Ethan, my dad, my brother, my mom, etc...) I always like to get someone else's perspective and hear what someone else would do.

4. I cry. Not the best answer, but crying relieves my stress. That's probably why I cry about everything, haha! :) If I'm angry, I cry. If I'm frustrated, I cry. If I'm hurt, I cry. If I'm nervous, I cry. It's a good reliever.

5. I walk away. If I'm in an argument with someone... or talking to someone who is upsetting me, I walk away. When I'm mad, I have a tendency to say things I don't mean, so walking away helps me out A LOT. It saves a lot of heartache and having to back track!

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...