Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 26: The Best Projects or Organizations You’ve Ever Been Involved With

1. Big Brothers/Big Sisters. Amazing organization that I recommend EVERYONE being a part of! We became "bigs" to our little brother, Brad, when he was 14 years old and he has grown to be a huge part of our family. He's my brother. There's no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Once Brad turned 18, we received a new "little" named Ethan. He's 9 and he changes our lives every time we are with him! I hope to be his "big" until he is 18 years old as well! :)

2. Bible Quizzing. This is something I recommend every church grabbing a hold of. Bible Quizzing changed my life. It instilled in me so many scriptures that bring peace when I'm having storms in my life! I remember learning Psalms and how it changed my life-- my sleep, my activities, my feelings, my thoughts, etc. Grab ahold of this organization/ministry and let it change your world too! :)

3. Relay for Life. Another organization I have been privileged to be a part of. I haven't done it every year, but I have been a part of it before and I do plan on doing things for this organization again!

4. I don't know if this counts as an organization/project, but in my eyes, it does-- Tutoring. During high school and my first few years of college, I tutored a lot and I LOVED it. To see that light click in a student's eyes that they understand what is being discussed or what the question is asking is just amazing! I think tutoring is what made me want to be a teacher! I LOVED being able to share knowledge and watch students finally grasp hold of information. It was life changing just for me.

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...