Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 29: The Greatest Lessons You Have Learned

1. Prayer changes things. Number one lesson in my life. My parents were praying individuals that sought God through every decision. I've always known I could come to them and ask for prayer and through this example, it has taught me to do the same thing in my own life and family. Ethan and I have been fortunate enough to have learned to pray before we make decisions. It gives you peace when you see confirmation. When we were told about Tayler possibly having cysts, the first thing my mom said was, "We're just going to have to pray about this!" And that's what we did. And God answered!

2. You find out who your TRUE friends are. All along the journey of life, you come across people. Some stay for a minute, some stay for a little longer, and some stay for life. Trust me. You will learn which ones are the truthworthy, enduring ones! Watch which ones stick around when things get rough. Watch which friends are still your friends when you choose to walk another direction. Watch which friends are still your friends when you make lifestyle changes. You find out, trust me! And once you do find out, hold on to the REAL ones.

3. Your mom is your best friend. I know, I know what a lot of you young ladies are thinking. "My mom drives me crazy.. she's always in my business.." but believe me when I say, be thankful for that! And guess what? When you move out, move about 40 minutes away, and you begin going through life-changing things... your mom is your BEST FRIEND. My mom and I have always had a good relationship, but I still went through that phase in my teenage years where it was just completely uncool to do things with her. I didn't talk to her about things. But now, at almost 24, I talk to my mom about everything! I miss not spending evenings with her! She is my best friend. I have learned that lesson :)

4. What comes around, goes around. This is true. I've learned that if you give good things, you get good things back. It might not be as soon or as quick as you like it, but trust me. It happens! Now, the same works if you give bad things... Just be mindful of that!

5. If someone gossips to you, they'll gossip about you. This was a tough lesson to learn. I always thought if a friend was sharing "secret information" about someone else with me... it just meant I was SUPER special. Who know that really meant if they're sharing "secret information" about someone else with you... they're probably sharing "secret information" about you with others. Remember that!

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...