Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 38: Things that Inspire You

1. Quotes. I think that is quite obvious. Quotes make me think a little deeper. They make me focus on diverse things. They help adjust my outlook/perspective. I LOVE quotes :)

2. Music. Music changes my mood. I know, I've heard that's dangerous, but it does. I can have zero motivation to clean, turn it to channel 901 (the hits station on our local cable station haha) and hear an upbeat song. 10 minutes later, I'm up ready to get my organization on! Riding in the car... music is a must! It relaxes me and inspires me.

3. Hearing stories about people's lives. I LOVE hearing the stories of people's lives. I love hearing about how they overcame obstacles, how they came up from a low spot. I love hearing about people opening their hearts and helping others. It really blesses my heart!

4. Nature. When I was writing my book, I did a great deal of writing outside on our porch swing. I find SO MUCH inspiration and peace outside, it's unreal. Now, let me clarify, haha! I don't find peace and comfort in 90 degree weather. I find a heat stroke, LOL. It's that spring/fall weather... 60 degrees... calm wind blowing. Mmmm :) I do miss that!

5. Art. Art also inspires me. I remember when I went to Paris, every museum we went to, I would just be captivated by the paintings and sculptures that surrounded me. I could have seriously gotten lost in there for hours :)

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...