Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 478- March 23rd: Casseroles and an American Idol Analysis

 
Our daily quote from Quotemeal:
 
"If God be your partner, make your plans large." [Dwight L. Moody]
 
And now for WEDNESDAY update :)
 
I had a good bit of contractions Tuesday evening. Yes, one of those false alarms type-deals! The contractions were close for an hour, but after laying down, they started to not be quite so intense OR frequent. I know, I was devastated, haha. I'm so ready to meet this little girl. But because of this long evening and long night that I had (not to mention the rain and storms that passed through here all day...), I spent most of my day RELAXING. I figured I should anyways since I'm sure labor is only days/weeks away... and sleep will inevitably be a thing of the past ;) HAHA!
 
So, here's where I relaxed today:
 



 
My favorite spot in our living room :) Ethan has the recliner chair. I have the couch recliner :)
 
I did however get my booty in gear in the afternoon so I could make breakfast casserole before Ethan went to work. I had to actually cut up the sausage today (usually I buy frozen crumbled sausage but not this week), plus I had to scramble eggs AND cook 10 slices of bacon to crumble up. Oh, and make sausage gravy. Usually I purchase the frozen kind of that too, but I had to make my own this week (which was MUCH better if I do say so myself, haha)
 
Once all of that is cooked up, put down a layer of hashbrowns, throw in the scrambled eggs, add the sausage, crumble the bacon and pour over that, then add the sausage gravy, and a layer of shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.. and BAM.. you have this:
 


And Ethan went to work his 2nd job this evening, so I talked to my mom for a little while on the phone, then got all set and cozy to watch 'American Idol.' It was MOTOWN week this week. I was pretty excited to see how they would do things this week (especially who was going to change things up-- like Scotty!) Soo, as usual on Wednesdays, here is my American Idol break down, who I think is safe, who I think will be in the bottom 3, and who I think is going home.

As you all remember, I was wrong last week. I predicted Naima going home and sadly, Karen left us. We'll see if I can get it a little more accurate this week.


First of all, I think ALL contestants did much better this week than they have in previous weeks. It just seemed like they were all on the money and enjoyed themselves. I love seeing FUN performances and that's what I saw tonight, but I suppose that's because that's what Motown was all about! :)

First off-- Casey Abrams. AMAZING. I seriously don't know if I could think of another word for this guy. Our favorite. Definitely safe. Without a doubt. Part of me thinks he already has this competition in the bag.

Thia- It was nice to see her step out of the box. I think she did a good job, but she doesn't have stage performance like the others. That might end up hurting her in the long run.

Jacob Lusk- I have a feeling when they announced that it was Motown week to all of the American Idol contestants, there was a little 'crap' out of all of them because they knew this would be Jacob's week to shine and boy oh boy, HE DID. Amazing performance by him tonight.

Lauren- She's always been one of my favorites. She has an amazing voice, she looked just gorgeous, and she has stage performance. She works the crowd and I love that!

Stefano- I just can't get into his music or his vocal performance. He gets raving reviews on his voice and it just doesn't do much to me. I guess I just don't connect with him. He keeps getting critiques about not connecting with the audience and I think this will eventually hurt him in the long run...

Haley- She has SUCH  a unique voice and I think she could go far in this competition, but the fact that she's been in the bottom 3 the past 2 weeks could hurt her. She has a great stage performance however and really shines! I sure hope she does make it past this round...

Scotty- Pulled off changing a Motown song into a country song. I was a nervous wreck for him, but he did it! He already has such a fan base however, I don't think he has ANYTHING to worry about. (Especially since I bet about a million 13 year old girls voted for him last night LOL)

Pia- She has a beautiful voice, but I'm getting BORED with her. She sings soft songs every single week. I'd like to see a different side of her if at all possible. I think the rest of American might just agree.

Paul- He was my favorite at the beginning because of his unique voice. I love how different he is and he really had such a spark on stage last night with his guitar in his hands.

Naima- Ugh. I don't know what it is about her, but I literally cannot stand watching her perform. I know, I know... that's terrible. But I just feel like she's super cocky and I just don't know.. I can't put my finger on it. I'm just not a fan as I've been repeating.. and repeating...

James- AMAZING as usual. I have no doubt he'll make it through this round... and the next round.. and the next round. He has crazy vocals and an amazing stage performance!


So, who is my pick for the bottom 3? UGH, it's so tough... I'm trying to keep my personal feelings out of it and vote how America would vote...

1. Haley Rinehart. I love her, but I think the past 2 weeks has shown she doesn't have much of a fan base and will be there again this week.

2. Paul McDonald-- As much as I hate saying it, I have this little feeling that he'll be in the bottom 3 this week. I could be wrong (it has happened before, hahaha!)

3. Thia Megia- As happy as I was to see her step out of her shell last night, I think when you look at all other contestants, she's not as strong (at least stage performance wise.) She doesn't seem as comfortable up there...

And who is going home??

Haley Rinehart.


HOWEVER, I will say this--

If it were my choice, bottom 3 would be: Stefano, Naima, & Thia. And NAIMA would be going home, haha!
What are your thoughts fellow American Idol watchers??

Cheers to Project 365!


Photobucket

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...