Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Project 365: Day 456- March 1st


I woke up this morning with an agenda! I was making stuffed peppers for dinner in the crock pot and according to what I'd been reading online, they needed about 6-8 hours to cook (on low.) PLUS, our landlords were coming over today, so I wanted to clean up the house, mop, etc. I got up started cleaning... dusting, mopping, sweeping, laundry, etc. And then it was stuffed peppers time! :) Want the recipe? OF COURSE!

I took 6 green peppers and cut the top off of them and cleaned them out in the middle.
I cooked 1 1/2 cups of rice.
After that was done, I stirred in 1 lb. of un-cooked hamburger with the rice.
I took the rice and hamburger combination and stuffed it inside of the peppers.
I took 1 mozzarell cheese stick and stuck it down the middle of the peppers.
Then, I dumped 1 jar of pizza sauce all over the peppers
and I added 1 cup of water to the crock pot.
Then I covered the peppers with pepper and garlic.

And here was what it looked like PRIOR to cooking:


And what did it look like afterwards? Oh AMAZINGNESS. I know I know.. I shouldn't be this excited about food, but I was sooo worried about these stuffed peppers because I'd read over and over about how they re funny things to cook. You want them to be soft and not too hard, etc. Well, these were so soft! They were falling apart when I put them on our plates! I am so happy that they turned out! We even had leftovers so yes indeed, those are our lunches for tomorrow :)

I cooked them from about 945AM to about 4PM. And this is what they turned out looking like:


Ethan enjoyed them.. and so did I, so I think we did okay, hehe! :)

We also got our bottle sterilizer for our sweetheart today! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It's the kind that you don't put in the microwave, which makes me very happy!


And I thought I'd take a picture of our hospital bags (well, Tayler and mine)... Daddy is still slacking in that area, dang it, haha!!


And we spent the rest of the evening cuddled up watching "American Idol" :) The top 12 guys performed tonight!


Here's my opinion on the top male performers along with my top 5 picks:

**James Durbin-- tries too hard to be like Adam Lambert, but has a great voice. Not my favorite though.

**Scotty McCreery-- should definitely advance. One of my favorites-- and I think he'll get a country deal with someone regardless. He has THAT voice.

**Jacob Lusk-- moves you with every performance. Should advance.

**Casey Abrams-- ABSOLUTELY LOVED his performance last night! He's different and that's what I like! Definitely one of my favortes!

****Paul McDonald-- MY FAVORITE!!!! :) He better advance if America knows what's best for them, haha!

Stefano Langone-- Did not like his performance whatsoever last night. I don't know what judges heard haha, but I wasn't a fan. Love the song, but I think it's for Bruno Mars.

Tim Halperin-- I can't even remember his performance, so not sure, but I don't think I really enjoyed it if I can't remember it LOL

Clint Jun Gamboa-- Alright, here's the deal. Yes, he can sing. BUT, I don't care for his attitude. I haven't been a fan of his since Hollywood week when he asked Jaycee to leave his group. Not a fan. Period.

Brett Loewenstern-- He's a good guy with a lot of energy, but I'm just not a fan personally.

Jovany Barreto-- Beautiful rendition of the song, but I don't think he's American Idol material. I don't foresee him advancing.

Robbie Rosen-- BEAUTIFUL song. I was kind of disappointed that the judges critiqued it as harshly as they did because I enjoyed it, but I don't foresee him advancing (unless the judges vote to save him for their wild card.)

Jordan Dorsey-- Dear heavens, get him off the show. I know, that's really mean of me, but seriously-- he's another one that I haven't been a fan of since Hollywood week.... going around auditioning people for his group and telling them "No that isn't good enough for me." Shoot. Then, doing OMG by Usher for an American Idol performance? You don't even sing. No thanks! I hope he doesn't advance.

There you have it! You see my top 5 picks as to who is moving on and who is not! We'll see if this is accurate Thursday night :)

Cheers to Project 365!

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...