Thursday, March 3, 2011

Project 365: Day 457- March 2nd

I had a pretty lazy day today. With the increasing number of contractions I was having Tuesday, the orders were to take it easy today and that's what we did :) Tayler and me (yes, we are a package deal, haha) put our feet up and enjoyed some game show network :) Earlier in the afternoon, I put together the ingredients for Mixed Berry Cobbler. The recipe stated that it would take about 3-4 hours in the crock pot, sooo I combined everything and put it in the crock pot about 12:30PM. (Here's the recipe link for Mixed Berry Cobbler: Recipe)

Ethan finally called and said he would be home for some dinner, so I also threw together a Breakfast Casserole (Ethan's favorite!) Would you like the recipe for our breakfast casserole? Of course!

I bought a frozen bag of hash browns at the store and pu...t those on the bottom of the casserole dish. I scrambled 5-7 eggs and put those on top of the frozen hashbrowns. Then, I cooked about 10-12 slices of bacon and crumbled those up over the eggs. Then I bought frozen sausage crumbles and poured those over the bacon. Smothered ALL of that in sausage gravy and added a little bit of cheddar cheese and pepper. Put it in the oven at 350 degrees for about an hour and you're ready to go!!! :) We have wheat toast with ours! It's YUMMY!

Here's a shot of the breakfast casserole (this is my plate, without scrambled eggs. BLECH, haha!)


And here's a shot of the Berry Cobbler (after it was eaten, taken out of the crock pot, and put in the storage bin hahah!)


Then, Ethan had to work AGAIN :( Breaks my heart when he has to work day and night, but what can you do right? So, I spent the evening cuddled up in bed. I talked to my mom a little bit about labor and other things, then it was American Idol time! :) The girls performed last night and if I can be honest, I don't think it's a girl's year to win. We'll see, but I have my doubts, haha! So, what ladies do I think will make it through?


** Lauren Alaina-- MY FAVORITE! :)

** Haley Reinhart-- This is my husband's favorite. I think it's just the short skirt ;) haha! No, I'm kidding! She's really good!

** Pia Toscono- She got a standing O. She better make it through :)

** Thia Megia--  Young, but an amazingly strong voice!

** Kendra Chantelle-- LOVED her version of "Impossible!" I hope she makes it through!

And the judges wild card pick? Naima Adedapo. I think they like her style. I don't know if America will vote her through, but I think the judges will keep her! :)


So, lets recap. Who is going to be our Top 12 American Idol finalists? I think this:

1. Lauren Alaina
2. Haley Reinhart
3. Pia Toscono
4. Thia Megia
5. Kendra Chantelle
6. Naima Adedapo
7. James Durbin
8. Scotty McCreery
9. Jacob Lusk
10. Casey Abrams
11. Paul McDonald
12. Robbie Rosen

What are your thoughts? We'll see how close I get! :)

Cheers to Project 365!

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...