Friday, March 18, 2011

Project 365: Day 472- March 17th

First off-- a quote from Quotemeal:
 
"A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel." [Author Unknown]
 
 
Today marked...
 
37 WEEKS PREGNANT.
 
We have officially hit full-term. Can I get a holla? haha! :) That's right... it's 21 days until our due-date. And let me tell you, I am getting SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO anxious. I am starting to cry every day because it's a constant emotional roller coaster I feel like I am on. I know that sounds terrible right? A new mom should feel--- ECSTATIC. And don't get me wrong, I do, but it lasts for about 10 minutes... then I get overwhelmed with the fear of the unknown. Then I'm nervous. Then I'm impatiently anxious. Then I'm excited. Then I can't wait to see her. Then I'm scared about whether I'm going to be a good mommy.... Do you see why it's such a roller coaster ride of emotions? haha! And my poor, sweet husband doesn't even know how to deal with it sometimes. I'm on top of the world one minute... and freaking out the next. But I have to say, I did really good up to this point. However, now that I know that she's a good 6lbs and a good solid 20" long at least (according to THEIR estimates, haha).... and I know that she could safely come at any point... yea, that gets the heart tickin' a little faster :)
 
But regardless, I am SO excited to soon meet our baby girl and be sure, you will ALL know!
 
Now, time to see this belly! Here's a bare, 37 week belly!
 
 



 
Yeah, she's a'droppin, huh? haha! And here's momma Lyss!
 



 
You can definitely see her popping out there, haha! I LOVE it :) One thing is for sure.. I'm going to love having her here, but boy oh boy, I'm gonna miss that belly ;) It grows on you after awhile, I'm serious haha!
 
And today was about 65 degrees out... and well, since I'm definitely not sporting shorts... haha, I wore a black dress and black leggings. (Nope no green. Should have pinched me!) It was a shorter dress and those capri leggings... and it was nice and cool. But check out that belly in this outfit, haha.
 



 
And guess what??? Remember me telling everyone that our neighbors (my preggo pal #2) had their baby Tuesday afternoon? They came home today! So, of course we were over there in a heartbeat! She is SO tiny and SO adorable!!! It made the wait for Tayler that much harder, haha! But I got a sweet shot of my wonderful husband FINALLY holding her. He is so scared to hold babies. I've only seen him hold one baby and she was about 2 months old or so..... but this was a FRESH baby, hehe! 2 day old baby. He looks sooo good doing this though! I can't wait to see him with our baby girl!
 



 
Once we got home, we got some snacks and started watching "American Idol." It was elimination night and I had my fingers crossed that Naima was GOING HOME. Seriously- no offense to her or anyone that likes her, but I'm just not a fan, you know? She is pitchy-- constantly. And I don't think she chooses the right songs to sing for an American Idol competition. But anyways, during elimination night they announced the bottom 3: Haley, Naima, and Karen. If you all will remember, I picked Naima, Thia, and Haley.
 
And wouldn't you know it... the girl I didn't pick for the bottom 3 gets voted off! Yes, that's right-- sweet Karen Rodriguez was headed home!
 


And let me say-- Did you hear the pipes on Karen Rodriguez singing "Hero" by Mariah Carey? BEAUTIFUL. I would have never guessed she was heading home because let me tell you-- Naima couldn't hold the notes that Karen was holding. Sorry, but it's true. I just don't think she can sing. I do like Haley because she's got a unique voice and she CAN sing, but I don't think she's as stronger as the others in the competition. I know, my husband cringes when I say that. (That's his girl, haha)

But I guess that's how American Idol goes, right? Someone has to be voted off every week. Just sad it had to be Karen Rodriguez so soon in to the competition.

Cheers to Project 365!


 
Photobucket

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...