Thursday, March 10, 2011

Project 365: Day 464- March 9th


So, my husband's car blew up Tuesday afternoon. No, I'm not talking like on-fire-blew-up, haha! I'm talking in car-terms that only men and some women understand (I still don't get it and had it explained to me like 12 different times...) But I digress. And since I'm 36 weeks pregnant... and I suppose labor could be right around the corner.. and since his truck in this shop to get it's windshield wipers fixed.. He decided that what he needed was a new car. A gas-getter, if you will (have you seen the gas prices lately? Sheesh-o, but we pay them because, well, the alternative is riding a bike and HAHA, this woman surely isn't doing that LOL) So, today he took the day off so we could hunt for a new car. BUT, we couldn't begin our journey without a pit stop at Subway (he was craving a sub... such a woman ;)) and while we were there, the manager offered us cookies in exchange for going and getting her some 1's at the bank. A pregnant woman and a man? Yes, we took that offer, haha! Here are our yummy cookies:


Chocolate Chip M-n-M, Chocolate Chip, Raspberry Cheesecake, Peanut Butter... YUMMY :) Thank you, thank you, Subway for giving us things we don't need, but do desire and appreciate!!

After Subway, we were on a quest. We had to go 25 minutes one direction to get his title out of his truck, then we had to go 40 minutes another direction to go to his bank, then we had to go 15 minutes another direction to start our look. He saw a few that he liked, but he couldn't decide. We had an impromptu dinner at Steak-N-Shake with my momma :) It was SUPER yummy and I failed to take pictures of our meet-up :( But, then we were back on the road.

Oh, and would you like to see the conditions of the weather of our car-shopping day?


Perfect huh? Rain, rain, rain. And gloomy, gloomy skies. Pitiful, but we made it work. I stayed in the car and he got out and walked around car-lots LOL :) I used the excuse that it was slippery out and I didn't want to risk walking everywhere... It's true, but I really wasn't that worried.

Anyways, he started having this feeling (and the clock was proving that time was running out) that he was going to have to go with the car that he liked at the first car-lot he went to. Then we drove past our last car-lot and there it was.... a 2000 Ford Focus for a great price. He was ecstatic. We test drove it. He loved it. And we made the purchase! :)


It's an automatic... 4 door (which means we can fit a car-seat in it!)... air/heat works... amazing CD player... a device to plug his Zune in to... BEAUTIFUL. Yes, mommy approves :)

So, then we came home and it was RELAXATION time. We'd been on the road since 730AM and I was beat, haha! We snacked on some food then he was headed to work. Which means cuddling up in bed for me... and guess what was on tonight??

AMERICAN IDOL.

So would you like my AI re-cap with who I think will represent the bottom 3 tonight?


Tonight was the top 13 performing songs by their idols. I thought overall, it was an amazing night. And I always judge singers by whether or not I remember their performance. If it kind of fades into the background, I didn't really enjoy it.

I thought Lauren Alaina did a great job singing "Any Man of Mine" by Shania Twain. I don't think it was her best performance by any means (she didn't show the power in her voice) but I think she did enough to save herself a spot in the Top 12.

CASEY ABRAMS. Do I even need to write about this man? AMAZING sums up his performance last night. If he doesn't make it through, I'm done with AI.. let me tell you.

Ashton Jones. Sorry, I'm just not a fan. I don't think she should have been saved during the top 24 week.. and I think she showed that last night. Sorry, she's bottom 3. Or at least she should be.

Paul McDonald. He's different. He's quirky. I like it! I don't think it was his best performance (I LOVED him during Hollywood week... that soft song he sang.. GAH) but I think he will be safe!

Pia Toscono- AMAZING. Another one that just takes your breatha way when she sings. She sang "All By Myself" and did an amazing job! She has a powerful voice and she shows that every week!

James Durbin- Great job! He's not my favorite (I don't know, I've never been a fan of 'copying' which I sometimes feel he is doing... yeah, I'm talking about Adam Lambert. I love originiality which Adam had, James doesn't necessarily) but anyways, that doesn't take away from the fact that he is an amazing singer and no doubt, will progress on in this journey!

Haley Reinhart- I'm a fan. I thought her "yodeling" during Leeann Rime's song "Blue" was amazing. She's different (and can you tell that I like that??) and I think that's what makes me like her so much. She's competition for me though. My husband just adores her, haha! :) She'll make it through.

Jacob Lusk- He was a little off at first, but he sealed the deal and showed us WHY he was chosen for the Top 13 at the end of R. Kelly's "I Believe I Can Fly." The choir, the background... his voice. Everything was amazing and I believe he will see the Top 12.

Thia Megia- Not a fan. Sorry. The song was a weird choice... and I was just NOT feeling it whatsoever last night. I love saying her name though... It rhymes! Bottom 3 for sure.

Stefano Langone- I know, I'm terrible, but not a fan of his either :( I don't think he should have been chosen for the 'wild card' last week, either. He's not as strong vocally as the others... I have a good feeling he's in the bottom 3 as well.

Karen Rodriguez- She wasn't as strong vocally last night, but I still think she did enough and has an amazing enough voice to progress on to the Top 12.

Scotty McCreery- Another one of my favorites :) Hands down-- even if he doesn't win, he'll have a record deal. That's just the kind of talent this boy has. His country voice is amazing.. and he can sing to me any day!

Naima Adedapo- I'm not a fan of hers. I'd put her in the bottom 3, but I think the other 3 I picked deserve it more. I think what put her over the top was her dancing and entertainment. If nothing else, she put on a show and I think America will appreciate that.

So bottom 3 recap:

Thia Megia, Ashton Jones, and Stefano Langone.

You decide who goes home... I think it's Ashton.

We'll see!

Cheers to Project 365!

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...