Wednesday, April 13, 2011

2-Week Well Baby Check Up

Tayler will be 2 weeks old tomorrow, April 14th at 2:22AM. I know I keep saying this, but seriously-- time flies. I can't believe how quickly 2 weeks has flown by. It's so bittersweet. I love seeing her milestones and witnessing all of the amazing things she is doing, but boy oh boy, does she HAVE to grow up?
 
So, today we had our 2 week well baby check up. Of course, since it was our first official doctor's appointment for Tayler, I had to fill out tonsssssssssssssss of paper work. And let me tell you-- it's difficult to switch over your mind-set from that of a patient to that of the mommy of a patient. For 39 weeks, I was filling out things about me-- my name, my birthday, how I'm feeling, etc. Today, I started doing the same thing on her paper work til it hit me. "Alyssa- DUH! The patient's name is TAYLER." *smacks head* So, I had to go through and edit a few things (including the box where I checked 'drinks caffiene at least 1x a week...' I'm pretty sure I'd be locked up if Tayler were doing that already, haha!)
 
Tayler was a little fussy during her appointment, but I'm pretty sure she had an upset tummy :( Made this mommy sad. Tayler rarely cries and she was just so upset and 'stinkering' rather frequently. But once she got a few burpies and stinkers out of the way, she seemed to be doing MUCH better.
 
They weighed her and guess what?
 
She was 6lbs 3oz at birth.
She was 5lbs 12oz when she left the hospital.
 
And she now weights a whopping 6lbs 13oz. They were impressed. She's gained 1lb 1oz since she left the hospital on April 3rd, 2011. That's my big girl!
 
Here she is getting ready to leave for the doctor:
 

And here she is on mommy's lap at the doctor:


One thing is for sure: The girl does not like not having clothes on! She pitched a fit when we had to strip her down to her diaper, haha! :) And she hated that darn scale! Too cold!

She's still only 20" long, but can you believe how much weight she's gained? The doctor also said he was impressed with how her jaundice has 'cleared up.' Even the whites of her eyes are better! We are so happy-- Gigi thinks the time in the sun Sunday really helped out! I think so too! :)

We don't have another appintment for 6 more weeks... then it's shot time. We're not happy about that, but we know we gotta do what we gotta do, right?
 
Photobucket

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...