Friday, April 29, 2011

You're Gonna Miss This

Tayler has been struggling with fussiness at night time. I have refused to claim that it is colic. However, she appears to get fussy and start screaming/crying about 6:30PM and it stops about 9:30PM/10:30PM. Now, I will say this-- she is an amazing sleeper. Once she falls asleep at 9:30PM/10:30PM, she doesn't wake up again til about 3:30AM, then not again til about 6:30-8:00AM. She lets us sleep in periods and it is amazing... it's just getting through this screaming/crying period we have at night time.

I'll be honest with you here... I have been getting frustrated. It has been going on for about 2 weeks... and it is really starting to wear on me. Our nights are spent driving around, playing music... trying to keep her occupied. I find myself crying through most of the car ride... praying that God would give her some kind of peace. I don't get angry with her or anything like that. I know she can't help it. I just get frustrated because I can't help her :( I try and try, but it just doesn't work...

Tonight, I put her in the car and drove around with her trying to get her to calm down. We'd been driving for almost an hour and she was still crying... I broke down.. I just didn't know what to do for her anymore and then the songs on my Ipod changed... to "You're Gonna Miss This."

In this song, Trace Adkins sings:

"Five years later there's a plumber workin' on the water heater
Dog's barkin', phone's ringin'
One kid's cryin', one kid's screamin'
She keeps apologizin'
He says they don't bother me
I've got 2 babies of my own
One's 36, one's 23
Huh, it's hard to believe

But you're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this
You're gonna miss this
Yeah, you're gonna miss this"

And of course, I cried even more.

This is a trying time right now. It wears on you, but I know... that when she's 18 years old.. walking across that stage to graduate.. I'm going to miss those car rides... I'm going to miss rocking her to sleep and singing to her even through the screams. I'm going to miss blaring Kari Jobe and singing at the top of my lungs because that's the only way she stops at times. I'm going to miss holding her... period.

God, forgive me for getting frustrated sometimes. Forgive me for forgetting that these are precious moments.. even when they are trying. Let me remember that one day, I'll miss this... so let me not wish that it would leave.. just give me the strength to get through it. Let me take those times and embrace them. Let me learn to enjoy them... even when it is hard.


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...