Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Project 366: Day 11 [February 27th]

I bought some clothes at a thrift store a few weeks ago for Tayler. They were suppose to be for summer, but it was pretty darn nice out there today, so I put them on her today! How cute is that skirt?? :) I put some leggings with it because it's not quite warm enough for her to be bare-legged, haha, but I think it still goes together nicely! And what a good mood little Miss Thing was in today! I love this picture of her :) She is such a happy baby!


She is too much fun! I LOVE being able to stay home with her all day, every day. Makes my life... perfect.

We went to the park today with Daddy! We had SO much fun. Usually when I go to the park with Tayler, Ethan has something else he is doing, so it was nice for him to get to see how much fun she has there! I think this picture is just precious. He was swinging right next to her and she was just eating it up!


She absolutely loves her Daddy. Mommy's smiley girl!


We have so much fun with her! I told Ethan the other night.. if we had known having a child was so much fun we would have done it sooner ;) hahaha! We even got a few pictures of us pushing her on the swing. She thought that was just hysterical. 



Please note she DID have shoes on, but that girl just does not like stuff being on her feet! I had the hardest time keeping them on! Noted here:


She kept staring up at the flag pole, hehe! Such a beauty :) And we watched Daddy be goofy. He kept trying to climb up this 'toy?' (I'm really not sure WHAT it is exactly, haha. They have the oddest toys here.)


But Daddy wanted to show he could absolutely do it! :) 

After awhile, you could tell Tayler was ready for a nap, so we came home and packed up our stuff because we had a few errands and figured Tayler would fall asleep in the car. (She did!) We sold E's car and then we went and met a lady off of Mamma's Market for some 12m+ clothes. OH MY GOSH. They are alll sooooo adorable! Everyone tells you to be careful on those sites because people will be shady and sell you stained, etc. clothes, but we got the pick of the litter! Thank you so much sweet Momma because we got Tayler SO many clothes for the Summer it is ridiculous! I feel SO blessed! They are so nice and they are going to be just perfect! Dresses, skirts, shorts, pants, t-shirts, tank tops... we got it all!


God hears our prayers!

Once we got home, I decided to make some fried rice and chicken to go with the Yum Yum Sauce I made yesterday (Check out Project 366 Day 10 right below this one for the recipe!) This isn't hard to make at all, but I'll still put on here what I did. First, I made the rice as it is stated on the box. I made the '6' serving size because my husband LOVES rice.


While that was cooking, I took out a pan and put a teaspoon of butter and soy sauce into it, then turned on the burner. How much soy sauce you put in there is completely up to you. We like our chicken covered in it. If you aren't a fan, you can skip that step completely! 


I chopped up the chicken and threw it in the skillet. And yes, I forgot to take a picture until AFTER we had the chicken on our plates.. so it looks like we've got like 20 pieces of chicken to split between us, haha! I used 3 chicken breasts. Of course, you can add or cut back depending on how many people you are serving.


While this was cooking, I put peas and carrots in a pan as well and heated those up. I just bought a bag of frozen peas and carrots. It was easiest for me! :) And I scrambled 3 eggs as well. Chop those up really finely and throw those in with the rice, peas, and carrots and it will look something like this.


I added a little bit of soy sauce too to get some color in it! :) YUMMMMMY.

And I cut up some broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots and heated those up and added some Teriyaki Sauce... just because. :) And we put the Yum Yum sauce over it all... and you have the final product:


It was pretty tasty! I still feel like the 'Yum Yum Sauce' is missing something and I can't point my finger on it. If you have any suggestions, please let me know! :)

Then it was cuddle night for all of us. We got our baths and got ready to watch 'Pretty Little Liars.' I took a few pictures of Tayler this evening because she was cracking us up with those sunglasses. She got them at a birthday party months ago and STILL adores them. She laughs out loud when I put them on. Silly girl!



Plus, I LOVE those peejays. They say, 'Cat Nap' on them, hehe! Adorable.

And FUNNY STORY time.

I brought some short bread cookies out to the living room. I set them on the top end table (you'd have to see our couch to understand, haha, but they were high up..) and I realized I forgot a drink. So, I went to the kitchen to get a drink.. I came back in... and THIS IS WHAT I FOUND.


That little booger was standing up by the TV watching 'Mickey Mouse Clubhouse' when I left the room. She spotted those cookies, climbed up on the couch, grabbed them, climbed down off of the couch, spilled them everywhere, and chose one to start nibbling on.. all in like the minute it took me to get a drink! She acts like she has NO idea what is going on, but trust me everyone-- she does. She is SUPER sneaky! HAHA! :) She keeps us on our feet, that is for sure!

That wraps up our day.

But I wanted to start something new for the next 31 days.

I told some friends yesterday that God has really been stirring in my heart about becoming a 'better wife.' I will be the first to admit that I am stubborn. I rarely feel as though I did anything wrong and I feel justified in my actions quite often. But in this stubbornness, I forget that I have a husband that has feelings as well. I forget that pointing the blame often fuels the fire. I want to start working on this and become a better person for him. While researching, I found a '14 Day Love and Respect' Challenge for husbands and wives here and I also found '31 Days of Praying for Your Husband' here. For the next 14 days, I plan on doing the '14 Day Challenge' and reflecting on it.... as well as saying the prayer for my husband each day. And after those 14 days are up, I still plan on saying the other 17 prayers and reflecting on those. I am asking for anyone to join me in this. I just know that I need accountability so that I stick with it. I want to be better. I want to be more focused and more compassionate. I want to be the best wife that I can be for my husband.

Lesson #1 - Tonight or tomorrow when your spouse comes home, greet them at the door. Don't yell from another room. Physically meet them at the door. Let them know that you missed them today. (even if you didn't) I have started doing this with Adam & he absolutely loves it. Honestly, so do I. I feel much more special when I feel that everyone is happy to see me. If this is not possible to do it this way due to your schedules, then be sure to make him feel like you missed him & you are happy to see him when you are face to face. (Source)

And the prayer for today:

Pray that your husband will grow spiritually and consider his accountability before the Lord. Pray that he will guard his heart by developing spiritual disciplines—Bible reading and study, prayer, meditation, scripture memorization, etc. (2 Peter 3:18; Prov. 4:23) (Source)

I thought I would write out these scriptures for you in case you did not have a Bible nearby:

2 Peter 3:17-18 (The Message) But you, friends, are well-warned. Be on guard lest you lose your footing and get swept off your feet by these lawless and loose-talking teachers. Grow in grace and understanding of our Master and Savior, Jesus Christ.    Glory to the Master, now and forever! Yes!

Proverbs 4:23-27 (The Message) 
  Keep vigilant, watch over your heart. That's where life starts. Don't talk out of both sides of your mouth, avoid careless banter, white lies, and gossip. Keep your eyes straight ahead; ignore all sideshow distractions. Watch your step  and the road will stretch out smooth before you. Look neither right nor left. Leave evil in the dust.

I sincerely hope that this messages will bless you AND your husband (even if it's just your significant other, pray for them. They are worth it!) God bless you all today!

Cheers Project 366!



Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...