Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Project 366: Day 12 [February 28th]


Tayler had a rough night the night before. I am not sure if it was her teeth or growing pains or what, but she was just restless... I felt so bad for her :( We were up from 3:30 to 5:30 with her just whining. I hate giving her tylenol, but I finally broke down because I knew something was wrong. It finally started to kick in a little after 6... which let me know she was in pain. You can feel her 8th tooth coming down, so I bet that was it! But anyways-- she slept until about 7:30 or so.. so I knew nap time was going to come EARLY today.. and would probably be long. She fell asleep about 11:00AM which was fine! Her Gigi was coming to visit today and wanted to come around 1PM so I told Mom "Oh yeah, she will be up by 1! That's 2 whole hours and she never sleeps that long." Boy... was I incorrect, haha! Mom sat over here until 2 and Tayler was STILL sleeping hahaha! I snapped this picture when Mom went to the restroom just to show how long this sleepy head was sleeping for!


See her just snoozing away? haha! Poor Gigi. Tayler never even knew she was here LOL.

But Gigi did bring her some presents. She brought her a little pink car that Tayler loves but Mommy forgot to take a picture of and she also brought her two new pieces of clothes. A new onesie that says, "I'll just ask Grandma." Yes, that couldn't fit her more, haha! and a St. Patrick's Day dress with a little Shamrock diaper cover. It's adorable and I cannot wait for her to wear it!!!


Once Ethan got home, we ran some errands for softball and then my lovely husband bought a new car. We sold our white cavalier to his sister and her boyfriend. :) And since Ethan has to give the company vehicle back in a few weeks, we knew he needed a car that is good on gas mileage (since he drives 120+ miles to and from work every day!) So, he bought his brother's Honda! I am very thankful for being able to buy something so nice and that it was affordable! Ethan OF COURSE loves it!


Thanks Jon and Arena! :)

Once we came home, it was pretty late, so we ordered some subs and I decided to make a dessert. I found the recipe on Pinterest today (please note, this addiction rears it's ugly head yet again, haha!) And I realized I had ALL of the ingredients, so I HAD to try it! :) It's called 'Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars.' I found the recipe here.

These are the ingredients you will need:


For the bars:

1 Cup of Brown Sugar (I used Great Value)
1 Cup of Granulated Sugar (I used Great Value)
1 Cup of Melted Butter (I used Blue Bonnet)
2/3 Cups of Peanut Butter (I used the off brand)
1 TSP of Vanilla Extract
2 Eggs
2 Cups of Self-Rising Flour (I used Great Value)
2 Cups of Quick Cooking Oats

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and stir all of those ingredients together. Mix well. It can be kind of tough, but just keep stirring until you get everything mixed in nicely. After that is done, spread it into an ungreased 9X13 inch pan. It may not seem like it is going to spread well, but believe me, it does! It is actually really easy to work with. They say to bake 20-25 minutes. The lady who wrote the blog said she did hers for 19 minutes because if you bake it too long, it will be hard and crumble. I wasn't sure if this was going to set and harden after baking or what, so I took mine out at 20 minutes. Next time, I will probably leave it in a little longer. It just really depends on your oven. Just check it often! Let it cool completely! :)


As for the icing. I'm going to need some work in that area. The recipe states:

2 Cups of Powdered Sugar
1/2 Cup of Peanut Butter
1/2 Cup of Milk
1 TSP Vanilla Extract

Mix all of that together, well.

Hers looks remarkable in the picture, but mine? Turned out like a glaze. I'm not sure what went wrong, haha. But either way, it still tasted amazing even as a glaze!


And we cut ours and served it with bananas. It was absolutely PERFECT. It was a wonderful treat. It was still kind of warm... oops, but I think heating it up would be your best option. It tastes amazing! I'll try this again some other time and see if I can't get that icing to look like the blog, haha! 


Yum. Yum. Yum.

And we all got our baths and got into our peejays and settled in for some 'American Idol.' FINALLY.... it's time for the competition. I like the auditions, but they kind of get old after awhile, haha! :) 

Now-- for my brief run down on my likes and dislikes of the night.

My favorites thus far are: Colton Dixon (did he not tear up that Paramore song last night?) and Joshua Ledet (I seriously got goose bumps!) I felt they stood out the most and they are who I am rooting for to continue on in the competition.

I nearly cried when they brought Jermaine back out. Such a sweet man and I felt he did deserve a second chance. The 'revengeful' person in me hoped that cowboy was watching that treated him kind of badly in the auditions :) Go Jermaine!

Jeremy Rosado gave a heart felt performance with 'Gravity.' That is one of my favorite songs!

Aaron Marcellus, Adam Brock, Chase Likens, Creighton Fraker, Heejun Han, Philip Phillips, and Reed Grimm's performances didn't really stand out to me. They were good, but not the ones that I will remember...

And as for Eben. I like the kid, but I don't think that Adele song suited him whatsoever. :( 

I'm really excited to see the ladies perform tonight! What were your thoughts on last night?? 

And to finish up this blog today, I want to take time to post the Lesson for today in our '14 Day Love and Respect Challenge' as well as the prayer. Did everyone like that yesterday? I felt better after completing it.. and Ethan even noticed!! :) Thank You Lord!

Lesson #2 - Greet your husband & give him a hug. Let him know again that you missed him or were thinking about him today. Again, this is secondary to what you are really feeling. Just do it. If he says something like, "Wow, two days in a row. Do you want money or something"? Ignore it. He is saying this to you because he is noticing your actions & they feel good to him. What may feel like sarcasm to you is playful bantering to him. After you hug him, leave the room. Don't allow for a conversation about your new behavior. This isn't a game, we are just trying to avoid getting into a discussion of unresolved issues that you are not equipped to handle just yet.

 And the prayer for today:

Pray that your husband’s relationship with God and His Word will bear fruit in his life. Pray that he will be a man of wisdom and understanding, fearing the Lord. (Prov. 3:7, 9:10; Ps. 112:1)
(Source)

Here are the Bible scriptures that coincide with it:

Proverbs 3:5-12 (The Message)-  Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;  he's the one who will keep you on track. Don't assume that you know it all.  Run to God! Run from evil! Your body will glow with health,  your very bones will vibrate with life! Honor God with everything you own;  give him the first and the best. Your barns will burst,
   your wine vats will brim over. But don't, dear friend, resent God's discipline;  don't sulk under his loving correction. It's the child he loves that God corrects;  a father's delight is behind all this.

Proverbs 9:7-12 (The Message)-  If you reason with an arrogant cynic, you'll get slapped in the face;  confront bad behavior and get a kick in the shins. So don't waste your time on a scoffer;  all you'll get for your pains is abuse. But if you correct those who care about life,
   that's different—they'll love you for it. Save your breath for the wise—they'll be wiser for it;  tell good people what you know—they'll profit from it. Skilled living gets its start in the Fear-of-God,  insight into life from knowing a Holy God. It's through me, Wisdom, that your life deepens,  and the years of your life ripen. Live wisely and wisdom will permeate your life;  mock life and life will mock you.

Psalms 112:1 (The Message)-  Hallelujah! Blessed man, blessed woman, who fear God,
   Who cherish and relish his commandments,
   Their children robust on the earth,
   And the homes of the upright—how blessed! 

 
 God, PLEASE bless my husband with wisdom. Let him bear good fruit in his life because of You! Let him trust you and learn about your Word. Let us become a unit that reads Your Word every single night so that we can learn more about it! Let us know that You are God and that fearing You is healthy for us. Let us understand your commandments and give us a servants heart to listen to them and follow them. Let us have a strong relationship IN YOU. Please, let us be a good example for Tayler and for our future children. We love You SO much and want to do our best for You. Amen.

Cheers Project 366!


Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...