Thursday, March 1, 2012

Projet 366: Day 13 [February 29th]

My little girl turned 11 months old today. Well, if today were February 31st, but since that day clearly does not exist, we celebrated February 29th! It was her first leap day too! How cool is that?? And I'm that mom that takes a picture of her child every single month to see how she has grown, so I thought I would show you a little bit of that! :) 


Here she was as a Newborn. She weighed 5lbs 12oz here and was 20 oz. long.


3 months old here. She weighed 13lbs 11oz. and was 25" long.


And here she is at 6 months old. She weighed 19.7 pounds and was 27.5" long.


There's our big girl at 9 month sold. She was 22.3 pounds and 30" long.

And here she is today: 11 months.


Weighing in at 24 pounds and 31.5" long. OUR BIG GIRL! I can't believe she's 11 months old now. Doesn't even seem real!

So, after I got her ready for the day and took pictures, I decided it was time to do some laundry. I got all of those clothes the other day and I needed to get focused and switch out all of Tayler's smaller clothes so I could fit all of these in. It was a long process, haha! I went through all of her sleepers and got rid of the 3-9 month stuff I had in there. (Please don't ask why I STILL had 3 month stuff in there. Sheesh!) I went through all of her bottoms, her shoes, and then her shirts. There's about 2 trash bags full of clothes! Can you believe that?? Then I did 7... yes, count that... 7 haha loads of laundry and hung up EVERYTHING! It feels great to have that finished and it's good to know that everything in her room fits her. Ethan always says, "Can she wear this?" so now... it's simple!


It was a lot of work, but well worth it.

After that, we headed to the DMV. We had a super nice day yesterday despite the Tornado Watches. It was about 70 degrees... and yes, I wore a tank top and capris and Tayler didn't wear a coat! So weird, haha! But we had to go to the DMV since my birthday is coming up and Ethan needed new plates for his new car. We decided to knock it all out at once! We had a long wait, so Ethan played with Tayler. Everyone there was totally eating her up!! :)


She was laughing really loud when he kept waving the blanket in her face haha! :) So cute! We got everything taken care of there and my license says: Issue Date 2/29/2012. I'm not sure why I think that is so awesome.. just that it is such a rare date and it is on one of my documents! :) haha! I'm weird. But at least I know when it expires.... the next Leap Year!

Oh... and I tried to have a photography moment. The sun was shining in our car and I decided to take a picture of myself. I thought it turned out kind of cute...


Once we got home, it was time to make some dinner. We were all starving! I wasn't making anything 'special' tonight, haha, but Ethan was excited because I was trying my hand at Cane's Sauce!! Have you ever been to Raising Cane's? It's one of our favorites, so when I came across this recipe here, I HAD to try it!

Here's what you need:


1/2 cup of Mayo
1/4 Cup of Ketchup
1/2 Teaspoon of Garlic Salt
1/4 Teaspoon of Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 Teaspoon of Black Pepper

Mix that all together and voila!


Cane's Sauce! Ethan said it tasted right on and I couldn't agree more! LOVED it! So since I made this, I decided our dinner would be less than healthy, but tasty:


Macaroni and Cheese, Chicken Nuggets, and Shoe String Fries. 


I felt like a 4th grader, but seriously.. it was amazing! :) We ate it all, haha! We even put some on Tayler's high chair and I was impressed with how quickly Tayler ate her food... then we lifted up her high chair and almost all of the macaroni and cheese was on her lap LOL Anyone else's child do this? haha!


Silly goose!

After that, we all got our baths and put on our peejays. Tayler tried out her first new outfit given to us by Linda and we LOVVVED it. This sleeper was just too cute!



She's precious.

And we all snuggled in to watch 'American Idol.' It was girl's night tonight. So, I'll give you my little recap and then state my favorites from the past two nights. They're who I DON'T want going home! :)

Okay, so I wasn't impressed with Baylie Brown whatsoever. I thought her performance of 'Amazed' was weak. Chelsea Sorrell chose a Carrie Underwood song and I think it's in bad taste to do a former idol's song. They were chosen as the American Idol for a reason.. why try and do a 'comparison' because you probably aren't going to measure up. Just saying. I wasn't impressed with Haley Johnson either... or Shannon Magrane. Skyler Laine is a sweetie and she can definitely sing, but has America seen enough country with last year's winners? Brielle Von Hugel did good, but she isn't necessarily a favorite. Who do I NOT want to see go home?? Elise Testone (LOVE the sound of her voice).. Hallie Day (gorgeous performance).. Hallie Cavanagh.. Jennifer Hirsh.. Erika Van Pelt and OF COURSE.. Jessica Sanchez. She is my favorite by far!!! As far as the guys go, I don't want to see Colton Dizon or Joshua Ledet going home. 

What are your thoughts and who are your favorites??

And leaving Idol aside.. here is our lesson for the day and our prayer. Is this encouraging anyone else? It is certainly helping me. I feel such a peace with doing this! If it isn't blessing anyone else, at least I know that God is encouraging me through it! That's why I did it in the first place! 

Lesson #3 - Tonight make his favorite meal or dessert. (Or both!) Proverbs 31:15 says, "She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls". You are making deposits into your marriage. During this two week period be prepared for your husband to do something unloving. You have greeted him, hugged him, & made his favorite meal, but later he yells at you for moving his keys. Ignore it. Don't throw your hands up saying, "Respecting you doesn't work. You are as unloving as ever." You are fasting from complaining for two weeks. Lower your expectations. You can't expect him to change in every area of his life because you did three nice things. Do this for God & not for your husband. God commands you to do this.

And the prayer for the day is:

Pray that your husband will be humble and quick to agree with God about his sin. Pray that his heart will be tender toward the voice of the Lord. (Ps. 51:2-4; Micah 6:8)
(Source)

Psalms 51: 1-6 (The Message) Generous in love—God, give grace! Huge in mercy—wipe out my bad record. Scrub away my guilt, soak out my sins in your laundry. I know how bad I've been;  my sins are staring me down.  You're the One I've violated, and you've seen
      it all, seen the full extent of my evil.  You have all the facts before you; whatever you decide about me is fair. I've been out of step with you for a long time,  in the wrong since before I was born.  What you're after is truth from the inside out.  Enter me, then; conceive a new, true life.

Micah 6:8 (The Message) But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do,
   what God is looking for in men and women.
It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor,
   be compassionate and loyal in your love,
And don't take yourself too seriously—
   take God seriously. 

God bless you all

and cheers to Project 366!




Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...