Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Project 366: Day 4 [February 20th]

I woke up this morning and decided that cubed steak sounded AMAZING for dinner tonight, so I got Tayler all set up with breakfast and then got to work. I've posted the ingredients and recipe for this before, but this is the first time during my Project 366, so I thought that I would share it with you today as well :) 

Here's what you need:


French Onion Soup, Cream of Mushroom Soup, Au Jus Gravy, Brown Gravy, and Cube Steak. I got a 1/2 pound because there's just the two of us. You can adjust this as you would like. :) The soups are the Walmart off brand. They were only $1.12 and the mixes were $.54. The cubed steak was $3.12 so not too shabby on the price of this whole meal, right? :) 

You mix all of the ingredients together (the soups and mixes) and pour it over the cubed steak in the crock pot. This is the crock pot I have. I recently purchased a new one.. they were on sale at Walmart for $14.00. (See how I am a Walmart advocate? LOVE it.) 


I love it.

And here's what it looks like once it's all in there! Cook for 6-7 hours on low!


And do you know what I do when I'm cooking? Don't even laugh at me either, y'all! I turn Pandora on my phone... to the Justin Bieber station. I LOVE the music that's on that station and it's wonderful to cook to. 


There's no shame in my game ;)

After that, we had play time. Yes, we stayed in our peejays until like 1PM. I rarely do that, but it was seriously the perfect day for it, haha! No where to go. Food in the crock pot. Why not right?


And she cracked me up. I love watching her try to 'figure' things out. There was a toy she wanted slightly underneath of the TV stand and she could not figure out how to grab that thing! Then, she realized she could lay on her belly to get it. I didn't my camera out in enough time to capture that moment, but here she is SUCCESSFUL.


And again with the one sock on one sock off combination. *sigh*

Ethan eventually came home from work and we had some DINNER. :) As you know, we had cubed steak, but I made mashed potatoes to go along with it, with broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots. We also had salads and bread and butter. 


It was SUPER yummy. This is seriously one of my favorite meals. And ever since we were at the Inn at Dresden, I  have wanted to have a meal with Michael Buble music playing in the background, so Pandora came in handy once again when we had that playing during our dinner. 

Tayler thoroughly enjoyed it. She had mashed potatoes in her hair LOL! It was hysterical, but that baby girl ate EVERYTHING on that tray. I was rather impressed. She must really like this too! I put everything on her tray like an 'adult' would eat it. haha! She had a little salad with a dab of ranch dressing, mashed potatoes, pieces of meat, gravy, pieces of bread, and then she had banana puffs for a dessert. Perfect!


Does she have to get bigger? :( I really like this stage!

Then Brittany brought Miss Natalie and we had bath time before everyone got their peejays on.



Seriously? Are they not the cutest? 

Everyone got their peejays on and we sat down to watch 'The Voice.' (are there any fans out there?!) and Daddy had some play time with Tayler. He kept spinning her around and she was LOVING it haha!




Could I have a better life? :) 

Cheers to Project 366!






Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...