Thursday, February 23, 2012

Project 366: Day 6 [February 22nd]

So, I've been lazy this week and haven't really straightened my hair or did much to it. I find with bangs..... you can just do so much other stuff and it still looks cute, haha! Well, maybe I keep telling myself that, but really it's just pure lazyness ;) But guess what? I woke up this morning with motivation to straighten my hair and make it look nice! 


I'm seriously SO thankful I got bangs. I don't know if I can ever live without them now ;)

Today was laundry day. Our laundry room is upstairs so I have to race up the stairs to throw laundry in the washer and dryer and to take the clothes out. This usually isn't enough time for Tayler to do any damage. USUALLY. I went upstairs today quickly and came back downstairs and that little rascal climbed up on the couch and had my bowl of tomato soup flipped over licking the spoon. Fortunately there wasn't much in it, but I think it's time for Mommy to be done leaving things on the bottom end table. EEK. 


Speaking of tomato soup, that's what we had for lunch today. Tayler is a little scavenger, haha! I had grilled cheese and a bowl of soup and she comes crawling over, grabs my legs, and stands there with her mouth open until I give her some LOL 


She is hysterical, but the girrrrrrl loves her soup and bread! I've certainly trained her right. Or she just sees it too often haha! This is usually what is for lunch every single day. I'm addicted.

Then we got a super awesome surprise and Makala came over to play with Tayler! :) She snuggled with her at first because Tayler was still taking a nap, but then they got down on the floor and played with blocks and all that other cool stuff Tayler has!


How cute are they? Tayler LOVED it. She loves when other people come over.. I think she gets bored with me far too often ;) haha!

While Makala was playing with Tayler, I decided to make some Homemade Crunch Wrap Supremes. Ethan was on his way home.. and I knew he HAD to be starving and well, I was starving.. and so was Makala! 

I got the recipe here.

And I didn't do as good of a job as the lady that writes this blog. Ugh. haha! I struggled a bit, but maybe with practice they will get better. Don't get me wrong-- they tasted WONDERFUL, but their beauty was something to be desired.

Anyways, I'll explain how I did it...

First, get tortillas out and warm them up a bit. It will help with folding them.

Next, spread sour cream on the top of all of the tortillas that you are using.


While all of this is going on, brown 1 pound of hamburger and add taco seasoning to it. 1 pound of hamburger was enough for 6 crunch wraps for us, but I didn't fill them too full with it.

Add the hamburger to the sour cream and then add some crunched up nacho chips.


After this, I added Fiesta Nacho Cheese (it's from Campbells... it's MUCH cheaper than purchasing the Queso sauce in the salsa section!) I forgot to take a picture of that part :/ But after you have all of that stuffed in there, wrap it like you would a crunch wrap supreme from Taco Bell. Then you set both sides down on to your skillet and fry those for a few minutes. Press them down a bit with your spatula. Once you have done that, take them back over to your plate and add your cold items-- lettuce, tomato, and onion. Then close it back up again.. and you have something like this:


The bottom side is the kind that is folded like a crunch wrap. I realize now I should have taken a picture of that too, haha! Hey-- I'm still getting used to all of this, but hopefully you get the picture! :) They were SUPER tasty. I need to work on 'presence' but they tasted amazing! 

Then Ethan went to the ball park near our house to play pass, so Makala and I took Tayler down there to swing! She absolutely LOVED it. I took a video of her giggling super loud. It was sooo funny! Every time Makala or I said 'Weeeeee' she giggled. 


Isn't that precious? :)

Once we got home, we got Tayler in the bath tub, Ethan got ready for bed, and I was a BAAAAAAAAAAD Mommy and Wife ;) I saw on Facebook where a girl was talking about donuts and for some strange reason I started like craving them! Fortunately for me, I had biscuits in the fridge, so guess what? I made some homemade doughnuts! Yeaaa boy. I remember growing up, my mom used to make these ALL of the time. 

Now, I don't have a deep fryer (my birthday is March 6th.... wink wink) so I put oil in a pot on the stove and heated it up. It worked PERFECTLY. I decided I wanted doughnut holes as opposed to regular doughnuts, so that's what happened!


When they start getting a nice golden brown and are soft to the fork's touch, they're good to go! I sprinkled ours with a little powdered sugar (okay-- maybe a lot powdered sugar...) and heated up some chocolate chips for some dip for it! 


Not calorie free, but pretty tasty ;)

Then we curled up for some American Idol 2012.

I don't really have a lot to comment on that right now (but believe me once the competition starts, it's on, haha) But I will say-- Jessica Sanchez already has my vote to win the whole thing. We shall see! :)

Cheers to Project 366!




Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...