Monday, February 6, 2012

Two Timin' Pasta Bake.... DELICIOUS!

 The husband isn't feeling very well, so he is taking a nap.. Tayler is playing with her new toys.. so I figured I would get on here and update about the SCRUMPTIOUS dinner we had tonight! I got this recipe from Pearls, Handcuffs, and Happy Hour and let me tell you.. we will absolutely be having it again! Ethan LOVED it and I did too! 

I know I was supposed to make Cubed Steak and Mashed Potatoes tonight, but I was totally feelin' this pasta. I'm glad I was!

Here's what you need:

1 box of penne pasta. (I got the Great Value kind.. it was wonderful!)
1 jar of Alfredo Sauce (I used Bertolli)
1 jar of Pasta Sauce (I used Hunt's)
1 cup of mozzarella cheese

First, boil the pasta according to the directions on the box. I always throw some salt and butter into mine to make sure that it doesn't stick together! :)


As you are doing that, take your jar of alfredo sauce and your jar of pasta sauce and mix it together in a large bowl. After, add the cup of mozzarella cheese and stir that around as well.


Once your pasta is done, throw it in the bowl and toss it around until all of the pasta is coated with this lovely mixture!


Then add it to a 13X9 casserole dish or pan.


Bake this at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. After that 20 minutes is up, add a layer of mozzarella cheese and bake for 5 minutes after that :)

We served ours with salads, cottage cheese, and rolls with garlic butter on them. It was WONDERFUL and I am very grateful that we have leftovers! Here's a shot of our meal... not a great picture as I always say, but you get the point ;)


Yum!

Hope everyone enjoys!



Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...