Friday, February 3, 2012

Yogurt Pancakes: Thursday's Meal!

I made 'Yogurt Pancakes' last night. The husband adored them! :) YAY!

So, here's what you need:

1 cup yogurt (I used 'Great Value' Strawberry)
7 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoons sugar

1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)

First, take your yogurt, flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt and mix it all together in a bowl. Make sure it looks nice and smooth and that everything is stirred in before progressing.

Next, whisk your eggs in a separate bowl. Once they are whisked, add in your vanilla extract. Once that is all mixed together, dump it into the bowl with your other ingredients.

Stir that together nice and easy until you get a nice, smooth mixture.

I spooned in a good amount for E's pancakes. (The original directions say 1/4 cup, but Ethan likes large pancakes, so I made his a little bigger!) You will see your pancakes start to bubble up like this after 2 to 3 minutes:


Make sure that you keep your stove setting on like a 2 or 3. Don't go any higher because your pancakes will start bubbling up (which indicates to flip it over) and when you flip it over, the bottom half will be burned and yogurt will splatter everywhere because it wasn't cooked thoroughly... just quickly. I won't say how I learned this.


Isn't that a good looking pancake batter mixture? See the strawberries in there? Yum!

And this would be your final product. My pancake is a little odd shaped, but Ethan always says, "I don't care how they look, I just want it to taste good."


See the strawberry in that too? Ohhh yeah. That's the good stuff. Ethan adored these. I thought they needed something.... more. I can't explain it. I don't know if I would cut down the eggs next time. I'm weird and I hate having things that even remotely have the taste of egg in them and I could taste it in these. Maybe it was my own brain? haha! I'm not sure. But I would probably add more next time. Either by adding fruit to the batter or putting it on top with some sugar. I just feel like it needed 'sweetened' up. Go figure, I can turn anything remotely healthy into... not so healthy, haha :)

Ethan enjoyed them without even putting syrup on them though, so they must have been pretty good! :)

Hope you all enjoy!

I found this recipe here for those interested!

Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...