Thursday, December 28, 2017

I Am..



I'm exhausted from depending on the world to define me.
I've relied on my identity based off of what others thought about me... for far too long.
And it's time I take that back.

It's time I sit down and focus on who I am IN HIM.... not in everyone else.

His Word reveals it over and over...

If only I would stop trying to fit in and listen.



1. I am fearless.
Psalms 27:1 says "So with Him on my side, I'm fearless. Afraid of no one and nothing."

2. I am at peace.

Psalms 27:3 says, "When all hell breaks loose, I'm collected and cool."

3. I live and breathe God.

Psalms 34:2 says, "I live and breathe God; if things aren't going well, hear this and be happy."

4. I am not anxious.

Psalms 34:4 says, "God met me more than halfway, he freed me from anxious fears."

5. I am protected.

Psalms 34:7 says, "God's angel sets up a circle of protection around us while we pray."

6. I restrain anger and I do not let it get the best of me.

Psalms 37:8 says, "Bridle your anger, trash your wrath. Cool your pipes, it will only make things worse."

7. I am a giver.

Psalms 37:22 says, "The righteous gives and gives. Generous gets it all in the end. The stingy are cut off at the pass."

8. I am patient with God.

Psalms 37:34 says, "Wait passionately on God, don't leave the path. He'll give you your place in the sun while you watch the wicked lose it."

9. I gave myself over to God.

Psalms 40:4 says, "Blessed are you who give yourselves over to God, turn your backs on the world's "sure thing", ignore what the world worships."

10. I am put back together again.

Psalms 4:8 says, "At day's end I am ready for sound sleep For You God have put my life back together."

11. I am shielded.

Psalms 3:3 says, "But You God shield me on all sides. You ground my feet, lift my head high."

12. I am made right- my circumstances are made right.

Psalms 7:17 says, "I'm thanking God who makes things right."

13. I am happy.

Psalms 16:9 says, "I'm happy from the inside out and from the outside in, I'm firmly formed."

14. I am on the right path.

Psalms 16:10 says, "Now you've got my feet on the right path, all radiant from the shining of Your face. Ever since You took my hand, I'm on the right way."

15. I am strong.

Psalms 18:1 says, "I love You God, You make me strong."

16. I am complete.

Psalms 18:20 says, "God made my life complete when I placed all the pieces before him."

17. I am a praiser. I live a praise life.

Psalms 22:25 says, "Here in this great gathering for worship, I have discovered the praise life.."

18. I am not abandoned.

Psalms 124:6 says, "Oh blessed be God! He didn't go off and leave us. He didn't abandon us defenseless...."

19. I am clean.

Psalms 51:7 says, "Soak me in your laundry and I'll come out clean. Scrub me and I'll have a snow white life."

20. I am forgiven.

Psalms 51:1-3 says, "Generous in love- God, give grace! Huge in mercy- wipe away my bad record. Scrub away my guilt, soak out my sins in the laundry. I know how bad I've been, my sins are staring down at me.."


No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...