Saturday, March 10, 2018

ISAIAH (March 10th)






The Book of Isaiah

We started reading the book of Isaiah this week. The book of Isaiah was written by the prophet Isaiah. According to Bible.org, "The book is a collection of oracles, prophecies, and reports; but the common theme is the message of salvation." And I don't think any chapter quite displays the message of salvation as Isaiah chapter 30.

The first part of the chapter discusses a rebel spirit. A spirit that the generation was plagued with. They piled sin upon sin. They refused to seek God's face concerning their plans. They lied. They wouldn't listen to God. 

Salvation

But God still had a plan of salvation for them. They weren't a hopeless case (I'm listening to Clint Brown's "If Not Grace" while I type this and how ironic that he just said, I'd be a hopeless case if not for grace...)

God knows it takes strength to turn our backs on sin. We were born in to it. It takes effort to be a morally sound person. It is our nature to be sinful, so it takes work to be different. God says in Isaiah chapter 30, "Your strength comes from settling down in complete dependence on me." Our strength to battle sin comes from DEPENDING on God. We cannot overcome our human nature alone. It only comes from ASKING Him for help. Seeking His face every morning. 

I've noticed in my own life that the days I don't put God first, sin has an easier hold over me. It's easier for me to let my anger fly without even trying to contain it. It's easier for me to yell out of frustration. The days I don't DEPEND on Him and I try to do it all myself-- I struggle.

Waiting

In Isaiah 30 verse 18, Isaiah says, "But God's not finished. He's waiting around to be gracious to you. He's gathering strength to show mercy to you. God takes the time to do everything right- everything. Those who wait around for Him are the lucky ones."

I know lately, my family has been having a very difficult time. I'll be honest- it felt like God was just blatantly ignoring us. We would pray and pray and pray-- and no response. Or at least it felt that way. I was desperate for an answer. Weeks went by.. and no response still. It was very discouraging. And then I read this verse and although my faith was weak, I kept thinking 'God has a reason. Try and trust Him.' It was hard. I kept wondering how He could see us struggling and not rush in to respond. BUT. After weeks of prayer.. weeks of wondering why He wasn't answering... our prayers were answered and honestly, they were at the perfect time. If God would have responded a month ago when we started praying, the blessing would have been great, BUT the blessing NOW (at this point in our lives) is NEEDED. He knew what was going to be happening a month from the point we began praying.. and it just took waiting on our part. 

Now, reading this verse-- I can say it is the truth.

I struggled when I read it 2 weeks ago. I struggled to trust, but now I see how it has come full circle.

He was waiting around to be gracious to us because He knew WHEN we would need His blessings. He takes the time to do everything right. It just takes trusting Him.

When the Waiting is Over

And when the waiting is over...

the time of tears is over.

Isaiah 30:19 says, "Oh yes people of Zion, citizens of Jerusalem, your time of tears is over. Cry for help and you'll find it's grace and more grace. The moment He hears, He'll answer." (and some times that answer might be WAIT! It doesn't mean He isn't hearing!)

I get cold chills every time I read that.

Your time of tears is OVER. You find GRACE.

Grace.
Grace.
Grace.

Thank You Jesus for hearing, even when we think You don't hear.
Thank You for grace.
Thank You for answers that fit our NEEDS.

God Will Provide

"God will provide rain for the seeds you sow. The grain that grows will be abundant." (Isaiah 30:23)

God will provide rain for the seeds.
God WILL provide what you NEED in order to grow.

I'm going to repeat that for myself here.

God WILL PROVIDE what you NEED in order to GROW!

And we might not like that RAIN!
But let me tell you-- that growth will be unlike anything you've ever seen.. if you understand that the rain SERVES A PURPOSE.

I hope you all will pray over your lives today. Pray for His Word. Pray for His perfect timing. Pray for His provision. Pray for His LOVE to flow through. Pray for RAIN. Pray for growth.

In Jesus name.


No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...