Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Writing Challenge: Day 2 [07.18.2019]

Day 2 of "The Writing Challenge" is: Write something someone told you about yourself that you will never forget.

When I was going to church at 1st UPC growing up, they had visiting ministers named Bro. and Sis. Russom (spelling?) I have struggled with fear (you'll find that out a lot through these challenges, I'm sure) for as long as I can remember- especially the fear of death. One day, sitting on the front pew at church, I was praying about it- my life- about my fear that my life will be cut short. Sis. Russom came over to me and said, "My daughter, God said if you will continue to live your life for Him, He will give you a long life." Eased my fears and I've never forgotten it. I try and think about it every time my fear and hypochondria rages. I may have lost sight of Him for awhile.. and still have my downfalls and struggles, but I know He knows I love Him more than anything in this life and I try my hardest- even if I fall short some days.

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...