Wednesday, March 20, 2013

33 WEEKS PREGNANT!

Oh my heavens.

We are 33 weeks pregnant today.

I know I have said this before, but are Wednesdays getting here quicker and quicker or is it just me?? LOL

It's even scarier to think of things like this:

WE ARE IN THE 40'S!!!

Yes... 28-49 days until our sweetheart will be here. HOLY FREAKING COW.

HAHA!

It's starting to really set in. 

I remember when I was only like 20 weeks pregnant and people were asking me if I was nervous about labor and I was like, 'Not really... I don't feel nervous at all.' And now, I'm 33 weeks pregnant and I'm like, 'Oh dear Jesus, I'm getting ready to give birth again.' LOL

Don't get me wrong. I had a pretty good labor with Tayler. Given, it was 18 hours long (haha.. she was so stubborn), but I had such a peace from God during it. I labored for so long... I was worn out.. and then wouldn't you know it.. they told me I was dilated '5' and that I could get the epidural... and I went from a '5' to a '10' in 10 minutes.... BEFORE they could even get the epidural to me (I said she was stubborn LOL) So, I pushed for an hour.. without an epidural, but honestly, it wasn't that bad. I remember the contractions hurt, but by that point, I was just ready to get her out, haha! :) I enjoyed labor with Tayler. I'm thankful I had the labor that I had with her. It taught me patience. I'm not good with medical things (I know, why do I keep having kids, right? ;)) so it really made me have to focus on the beauty in what was taking place as opposed to the 'I'm in the hospital and this freaks me out' that I wanted to think about. 

Now... about 2 years later.. I'm preparing to do the same thing. And I'll be honest, it IS making me nervous. I posted this on Facebook yesterday:

'-- Please tell me it's extremely normal for me to be having anxiety about having Quinn. I mean, I know it's my 2nd child, but I feel like I'm preparing to give birth for the first time all over again. I wouldn't say I'm 'worried' per se, but I can't shut my mind off. Could be why I'm not sleeping well at night?? I just keep thinking... 'How am I going to be a Mom of two kids? Will our house be sold by then? If so, where will we live? Will we find an apartment before then? I need to get all of these things still.. I need to make lists of hospital bag stuff... How is labor going to go? What is she going to look like? How will Tayler do being 'gone' from us for a few days?' I know it will all work out, trust me. I trust God... but my human side still has me up 'thinking' for hours! It's a lot to process... our lives are changing significantly in the next 50 days! It's crazy to think that :)'

 Lots going on in this mind of mine, haha!

Just soooo many thoughts consume me. I trust God, I just have so many questions that aren't answered and for anyone that knows me knows that drives me crazy! I like to have everything set in stone and planned.

I just keep praying that God will have His hand on our situation... on our labor... on our lives. I know He can do it. Like I said earlier, He gave me SO much peace during my labor with Tayler. I know He can do the same thing with Quinn. Just my human side takes over sometimes, haha!

 Alright, are you ready for a 33 week picture??


She's really starting to stick out there! :) I love going places now and someone saying, 'Man, when are you due, honey??' :) That means we're almost there!!

I love dreaming about when her birthday will be. I did the same thing with Tayler too, hehe! Just pictured how it would sound saying, 'Tayler was born ______________' :) And now I get to imagine doing the same thing with Quinn! LOVE it :) 

'The Bump' says the baby is the size of a Durian Fruit this week. (I looked that up because I had no idea what it was, haha! It is known as the 'King of Fruits' by people in southeast Asia. It is known for it's large size, distinctive odor, and thorn-covered husk. Awesome, haha)

They estimate she is about 17.2-18.7" long and about 4.2-5.8lbs. We will know a more accurate measurement because we have another ultrasound this Sunday! Lets hope Quinn is a little more cooperative than she was last time, haha!! I am crossing my fingers! I am going to try and drink a raspberry lemonade from Bob Evan's. That seemed to really get her active a few weeks ago when I drank one :)

I still have a ridiculous amount of heartburn (is her hair still growing perhaps??) and this poor girl has the hiccups ALL of the time! I posted a video on Facebook this week where you could SEE her hiccups, haha! It was incredible.

Now, for some 33 week pregnant questions:

How far along? 33 Weeks
Total Weight Gain? 23 pounds total. I'm still pretty proud. Now if I can just keep it below 30 I will be ecstatic, haha! I gained 40 with Tayler.. and I don't want to go anywhere near there LOL!
Maternity Clothes?  Oh yes. Pretty much everything I put on is maternity anymore, haha!
Stretch Marks?  I had them with Tayler! lol 
Sleep?  Alright. Like I stated in my post... I think a lot at night time! It's taking a toll lol!
Best Moment of This Week:  Seeing Quinn's hiccups :)
Miss Anything? Comfortable sleep. Having a stiff drink after a stressful day LOL!!! Drinking a buttload of sweet tea. Having a skinny body lol!
Movement? Oh my heavens, yes! You can see it SO well on the outside anymore. Sometimes I feel like she's trying to break free, haha!
Food Cravings? RAISING CANES.
Anything Make You Queasy/Sick?  Poopy diapers. Trash. BLEH.
Gender: GIRL!! :) Our Quinn Makenzie!
Labor Signs?  Braxton Hicks. That's about it!
Symptoms: Constant peeing. Back pain. Braxton Hicks.
Belly Button In or Out?  Quinn almost has her completely out, haha!
Weddings Rings On Or Off? On for now! :)
Happy or Moody this week? Very happy! :)
Looking Forward To: Tayler's birthday party Saturday... Quinn's ultrasound Sunday! 

Cheers to 33 weeks! On to 34!



Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...